ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Men’s Starting 5 will be.....

Shonda97

3500+
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2016
DJ, Carlik, Sam, Quinn, Malik. Going out in a limb with Q as the 4 man but I liked what I saw from his last season. He’s big and can move and is knockdown from 3. Thoughts??

Reactions: shadow force
DJ
Carlik
Sam
Withers
Malik

Minland, Aidan, Nickelberry and Slaz will be the 4 main guys in the 8-9 man rotation. Traynor and Davis may not see much time.

Overall, I like the fit better than last year’s roster. 3 skill guards plus a very solid 6th man guard off the bench. I think it’s a team to like by March, I like the long term potential better than last year’s teams.

Big man depth isn’t proven, but enough talented bodies. Depth overall isn’t proven. With all the production and minutes lost, it’s going to take time for chemistry to form.

DJ goes from freshman sensation to learning how to be the man. Carlik will go from mid-major star to learning how to play with other talented guys. Malik won’t have Sutton to back him up, has to stay out of foul trouble. Sam needs to take the step up.

With Malik. Carlik, and Minland, that’s 3 great seniors leading the way. Plus DJ and Sam started and played some big minutes at times last season. A lot of good pieces that just need to gel and it’ll be a great tournament team.0

Is outside shooting a concern after losing Nwora and McMahon?

I hope DJ and Sam have worked on their outside shot and jumper. I'm not sure how Minland and Jones or our other potential guards 3pt shooting stacks up.

Is outside shooting a concern after losing Nwora and McMahon?

I hope DJ and Sam have worked on tbeir outside shot and jumper. I'm not sure how Minland and Jones or our other potential guards 3pt shooting stacks up.
Nickelberry and Quinn have plenty of fire power off the bench from three. Sam is a good shooter as well

Nickelberry and Quinn have plenty of fire power off the bench from three. Sam is a good shooter as well

Slaz did show he can hit the 3. Sam was a pretty good spot up 3 pt shooter IIRC. Minlend is a career 32% 3pt shooter while Jones is a career 33% from 3.

Reactions: Shonda97
Slaz did show he can hit the 3. Sam was a pretty good spot up 3 pt shooter IIRC. Minlend is a career 32% 3pt shooter while Jones is a career 33% from 3.
I also expect DJ to have really improved his jump shot. If he can get lethal from three his game is unstoppable

Reactions: shadow force
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT