ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Football Season Predictions

I'm sticking with 4-8. And besides obvious wins and losses, I have no idea where they come on the schedule.

As insight on a little pet peeve of mine... A prediction as far as record should be at your point of indifference, an outcome that is neither a "good" or "bad" result in hindsight. You don't predict a good season at 5-7 or a bad season at 3-9...

I was watching the purdo and Michigan State replay on ESPNU last night and I saw the graffic UL vs Notre Dame and I was like man football season is a week away. I said I wasn't going to wish the summer away but now that's its here I am ready for some Cardinal football. I got my car decals and flags in the mall yesterday so I am ready to rep the Cards in Sioux Falls. My prediction will be that we are going to shock some people this year and I see us making a bowl game. That's all GO CARDS!

I was watching the purdo and Michigan State replay on ESPNU last night and I saw the graffic UL vs Notre Dame and I was like man football season is a week away. I said I wasn't going to wish the summer away but now that's its here I am ready for some Cardinal football. I got my car decals and flags in the mall yesterday so I am ready to rep the Cards in Sioux Falls. My prediction will be that we are going to shock some people this year and I see us making a bowl game. That's all GO CARDS!
Awesome! I’m with you! What took you to Sioux Falls? Did you grow up in Louisville?

Awesome! I’m with you! What took you to Sioux Falls? Did you grow up in Louisville?
My fiancee was from the Rapid City area. We came back to take care of her Mother. We thought about coming back to Louisville but ended up here in Sioux Falls. I was originally born in Baltimore but raised in the Ville.

Reactions: nccardfan
Guardman pretty much summed up my thoughts. I think we go into the FSU, BC, WF stretch at 2-1 and what we do in those 3 games will give us an idea of where we end up. I think we are sitting at 3-3 and will have a chance to win 2 out of the last 6. 5-7, here!

Another way I like to predict the season is to use Phil Steele’s power poll. If I’m feeling very confident that UofL is significantly better than Phil knows, I’ll bump our ranking up 20 spots. If I think we’re a little better, 10 spots, and so on. I leave Phil’s rankings for the other teams where they are, figuring he knows them better than I do.

Here’s what the Power Poll says for the 2019 Cards this year:

2 Clemson
13 Notre Dame
22 Miami (FL)
33 FSU
41 Syracuse
45 Virginia
52 NC State
60 Kentucky
66 Boston College
72 Wake Forest

89 Louisville

103 Western Kentucky
UR FCS Eastern Kentucky

Going off of that, 2-10 seems like the unbiased choice, and 3-9 if you’re very optimistic and bump us up 20 spots to 69th.

This team could show massive improvement, and still only win two games. I think they will be better than that, but it really depends on the offensive line, the running game, and taking care of the ball. There are five winnable games in the first half of the season, and maybe two in the second half. Depth will be a problem, especially from Clemson on. I’m also unhappily thinking that Kentucky is going to be pretty good this year. So I hesitantly, and hopefully, predict 5-7. It would be sweet to get number six in Lexington, but I can’t predict it. Go Cards!
Dare to dream the dream. The number is now nine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT