ADVERTISEMENT

2018 schedule features 9 bowl teams.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Bama, WKU, FSU, NCST, WF, BC, Clemson, UVA, and UK. The ACC hasn't released the conference schedule, but we know we'll have home games against FSU, NCST, WF, and Ga. Tech. The non conference home games include Indiana State, WKU, and UK. The away games will be Clemson, BC, Syracuse, and UVA.

Right off the bat, I see one maybe two for sure wins. Like I mentioned in a previous thread, with this schedule combined with the roster shakeup, 2018 is a bad time to have high expectations. This nice recruiting class we've got coming in should get a lot of playing time. That's good and bad.

2018 will be a 7-5 to 8-4 year. Hoping that the team won’t let down because 2019 should be our year.

I know where you are going with this post. but this is not like the NFL, where the owners can keep most players for 5-10 years. Every year is different in college football.

Reactions: wilkie01
There are 7 of those bowl teams we routinely beat until 2017 so I'm optimistic about 2018. I see another 8-4 or possibly 9-3.

If Petrino goes 8-4 or 9-3 post the LJ era, with new RBs, and a rebuilt defense, against that schedule, then that's COY-esque.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
No way we lose to UK, WKU or In St at home next year, we have owned Syracuse regardless where we've played them, that's 4 wins for sure. All 4 ACC home games are very winnable (FSU we've got 2 in a row, GA Tech nothin special). Would expect to win at least 2 probably 3 of those, that makes 7 wins. Just get UVA and that makes 8. That is not too much of a stretch to get to 8 wins. Only two for sure loses Bama & Clemson, rest are winnable.

No way we lose to UK, WKU or In St at home next year, we have owned Syracuse regardless where we've played them, that's 4 wins for sure. All 4 ACC home games are very winnable (FSU we've got 2 in a row, GA Tech nothin special). Would expect to win at least 2 probably 3 of those, that makes 7 wins. Just get UVA and that makes 8. That is not too much of a stretch to get to 8 wins. Only two for sure loses Bama & Clemson, rest are winnable.

I'm not so sure. I think 2018 will be a transition year.

A transition year.

In year five.

I guess that's what not being a HC for more than four years in any one place gets you. Someone who has not had to plan for the future.

Although this last class appears to have had some thought (balance) put into it.

Hope it continues.

We're probably going to be closer to the team that struggled with Wake and BC last year than the team that dismantled UK. We should win enough games to get to a Bowl but probably not much more.

A transition year.

In year five.

I guess that's what not being a HC for more than four years in any one place gets you. Someone who has not had to plan for the future.

Although this last class appears to have had some thought (balance) put into it.

Hope it continues.

It's crazy, I know. But, when you lose 8 defensive starters and the bulk of your offensive production, I don't know what else you'd call it. Prepare for the worst. Hope for the best.

A transition year.

In year five.

Hope it continues.

Just for reference sake: In his 5th year in the Big 12, Gary Patterson's TCU finished the regular season 6-6. In Mark Dantonio's 6th year in the Big Ten, Mich St finished the regular season 6-6. In his 5th season at Notre Dame, Brian Kelly finished 7-5.

I'd put them in the same class of coaching as CBP.

Just for reference sake: In his 5th year in the Big 12, Gary Patterson's TCU finished the regular season 6-6. In Mark Dantonio's 6th year in the Big Ten, Mich St finished the regular season 6-6. In his 5th season at Notre Dame, Brian Kelly finished 7-5.

I'd put them in the same class of coaching as CBP.
I didn’t know this, but...I don’t care about any of those schools or coaches.

Bobby and Arkansas were expecting to challenge for the NC if he’d made it to the fifth year. His sixth probably would have tanked. It did for Bielema (sp?)

I don’t know. It’s just not what I expected from “Bobby’s BACK!”

But I’m getting used to it.

Last edited:
I didn’t know this, but...I don’t care about any of those schools or coaches.

Bobby and Arkansas were expecting to challenge for the NC if he’d made it to the fifth year. His sixth probably would have tanked. It did for Bielema (so?)

I don’t know. It’s just not what I expected from “Bobby’s BACK!”

But I’m getting used to it.

I understand. I think in some sense we expected Rick to do better when he got here. I certainly would’ve expected more than 1 Final 4 in his first 11 years. Guess that’s why they call us a fan(atic).

It is just really, really hard to win 10 or more games every year or any year in a top P5 conference. Card fans were spoiled by doing so in CUSA, BE and AAC.

Well this is the better, more improved ACC...one that rivals the SEC and B10 as the best P5 conference in the country. Something that this school has never experienced in its history up til now.

As much as this being uncharted territory for CBP being in his 5th year as coach, UofL is only going into it's 5th year in a P5 conference......How long did it take Beamer to get V Tech to have outstanding records year in and year out.?

Patience is not one of my or many others strong points....but the reality of the situation, 4 years have gone by and many have lost whatever patience they once had. Some doubt CBP is the coach to deliver on CHS's prediction of the collision with the NC. The pieces to do so are in place. Now I look for year 5 and 6 of CBP to either pay off or just be another also ran. He has the ball....I hope he doesn't fumble it away.

Looking at G-mans post of the 2018 schedule leaves me hopeful.

7 winnable home games and a neutral site game with defending NC Alabama....one that will expose weaknesses and be a "where are you at game?" in relation to where all teams strive to be.

3 of the 4 ACC road games are winnable.

This team may surprise us all....either in a good way or a bad way. Looking forward to the challenges ahead of this FB team.:) Hope springs eternal.

I realize we lose a lot on defense but not many of those guys beside Jaire Alexander is going pro. Thomas not fast enough, DE not good enough, etc.

We've had two of best recruiting classes ever, just got to think we'll be upgrading speed and talent. A lot of kids redshirted and many got some valuable experience.

Losing Lamar hurts but my guess is it spreads the ball more and makes us a bit more unpredictable and efficient.

I choose to stay positive and hope for player development

Reactions: Mayoman
When will ACC announces the dates of Conference games and have we ever had 7 home games in a season?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT