ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Bowl Game and Playoff Projections

Here are my predictions at this point:

CFP: Clemson (pretty confident they'll beat Miami in ACCCG barring any injuries next week)
Orange: Miami (perfect fit as it's probably the only bowl game Miami fans would attend in large numbers)
Camping World: Virginia Tech
Belk: NC State
Sun: UofL
TaxSlayer: Wake Forest
Pinstripe: BC
Military: Virginia
Independence: FSU (I think they'll beat UF and get to 6-6)
Quick Lane: GT (guessing NCAA will grant them an exemption due to a game being cancelled by Hurricane Irma)

I know a lot of projections are trending us up towards the TaxSlayer, I even saw one that trended us up to the Camping World or Citrus Bowls. Even though that would be great for me living in Orlando I don't see Orlando happening, cities typically don't want to host the same team in consecutive years. Jacksonville could happen but I could see Wake Forest getting that above us due to the same record and head to head.

On another note, when is the ACC finally going to just dump the Sun Bowl? Talk about a bad location relative to your member schools. It might be different if the Sun Bowl was in the New Year's Six but it's a middle tier bowl game. Very few fans of any ACC school outside of the super rich (who can travel in and out quickly) are going to attend that bowl game. El Paso is hard to get to, not exactly a big time destination and is actually a pretty dangerous city.

The Sun Bowl should be a Pac 12 vs. Big 12 matchup, Pac 12 vs. MVC matchup or Big 12 vs MVC matchup. The ACC needs to get out of that game.

In addition to taking care of Kentucky, we need to root for NC State, Wake Forest, and BC all to lose this coming week so that we can get a better bowl. We would have the second best record in the Atlantic if that occurred. On top of that, FSU passed us up last year even though we had head to head because we tapered off at the end of the season. This is a big week for the cards.

Reactions: CardsFirst
ADVERTISEMENT