ADVERTISEMENT

2/20/21 LOUISVILLE VS NORTH CAROLINA GAME THREAD- 6:00 ESPN

Here’s to the guys getting on the court and finally playing ball. Just give it your best Cards.

Reactions: Deeva
Really an odd year I still think the team with the most upperclassmen wins it all. I am just enjoying the entertainment.

Pretty bad when you excited to see your team playing but the mouthy game announcers, let’s talk everything else but the game. MUTE!

Reactions: Deeva
I’m 44 years old and 6’2” and I can guarantee you that I would block out. Just no want to or desire from this team. Lay off or not. Takes no athletic ability to put a butt on someone and want to get a rebound or draw a foul

Pure laziness. Lethargic passing no will to get the ball. They might as well have sat this game out too and went sleigh riding

On top of expected bad play coming off a 20 day layoff, the announcers are treating this game like a non conference match up. We might as well be Northwestern North Dakota State. UNC this, UNC that, UNC blah, blah, blah.....we have zero back stories to talk about? Geeze Louise....

Doesn't ESPN monitor their announcers ? We want them to describe the action and not hear ll their personal BS. Geez

The way we are playing and y’all worried about what the announcers say. Why care? Did you all just become UL fans? Have they ever said anting over the years about UL in a good form? No. We might as well be North Dakota State today because we sure as heck are looking like a Summit League team.

In defense of the team. It's been 19 days since their last game. It's on the road. UofL only has 10 players.

So what it’s been 19 days?! I haven’t played ball in 23 years and can still block out and show some heart and not throw the ball to the other team on lazy passes. Getting beat on defense ever once in a while because of a lay off is understandable but simple boxing out and heart is not

So the plan of this game is to throw up a wild shot and hope it goes in. No play call. No set up a three point shooter. No back door pass. Just throw it up and hope it goes in.

I expected a loss and likely by double digits. However this is UofL basketball and this is unacceptable.

lol this was a game Cards were not going to win regardless they don't match up with them . UNC is similar to FSU in size no need to get in a tizzy over it.

Hope Carlick comes back. Nobody else cares. See you next year.

It’s pathetic. Oh let’s give them a pass they’ve been off for 19 days. No excuse to play like this. Jones is the only guy that deserves to wear that u inform tonight and maybe from here on out

lol this was a game Cards were not going to win regardless they don't match up with them . UNC is similar to FSU in size no need to get in a tizzy over it.

Nice for u to say that after the fact. There’s no tizzy about losing it’s the way they’re losing!

After fact what ? UK fan

UK fan?? Where do you get that? Is that the answer for every board? When someone tells it like it is you’re a fan of someone else. Get real. To you’re question after the fact they get waxed you come in here saying oh I knew they’d get beat. Well tell me something I don’t know after they’re down 40 and u post that. 🙄

UK fan?? Where do you get that? Is that the answer for every board? When someone tells it like it is you’re a fan of someone else. Get real. To you’re question after the fact they get waxed you come in here saying oh I knew they’d get beat. Well tell me something I don’t know after they’re down 40 and u post that. 🙄
LOL it's obvious you don't follow this board because i post alot during games and i'm not a sunshine pumper to say the least . And i never said they were going to win as a matter a fact go do some research on my post and you find me stating this UNC game would be a loss way before this . Peace out.

LOL it's obvious you don't follow this board because i post alot during games and i'm not a sunshine pumper to say the least . And i never said they were going to win as a matter a fact go do some research on my post and you find me stating this UNC game would be a loss way before this . Peace out.

Well then you made a bold prediction of UL getting beat on the road at UNC. Kudos to that. You must have been the only one to predict that scenario. It’s all about effort. If you don’t see that then we must be watching two different teams

like that 8-13

Thats a great comeback. You don’t even know me so why would you assume I’m a UK fan? Childish. My name is Daniel White. Look me up on fb. I don’t have to play keyboard warrior with ya. Been a UL fan for 40 years. Better yet face time me if you’d like I’m sitting here with my UL gear on now after that pathetic showing..

I'm not going to overreact to this, just like I didn't overreact to the Wisconsin loss. There's a very good reason both games were very similar. Every program is dealing with the pandemic but there's a big wild card with it and a lot of luck in how things play out.

Shoot, it's not crazy to think that an undefeated Gonzaga (or some other #1 seed) has to forfeit to a #16 seed because of a positive test that morning. Like the football season, I'm just going to toss it out as an anomaly. Every day is a wild card, who knows what will happen.

Here's my attitude towards it all: Just be happy there's basketball to watch, and take this no serious stuff more seriously next year.

It's bad, but it's not the worst.

We had to play sometime and the longer we waited, it would've made it much worse. We went on the road and played a HOF coach with a lot of size and talent, with not playing for 20 days and a lot of missed practices. We worked back in Malik along with Mineland trying to get his game right.

Seeding this year isn't going to matter too much. Outside of the 2-3 teams, it's going to be insane. Just get us to March and we'll have a chance. We got punched in the mouth, but if we learn from it and it gets us playing better, then I won't be too mad.

But if the guys quit/shutdown and pack it in, that will worry me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT