ADVERTISEMENT

1 down. A&M bites the dust

Now that A and M has lost and we won, I fully expect that we will fall at least one spot in the rankings. I tell you what, the committee is a joke having A and M ranked so high.

The committee is filled with corporate douchebags and politicians...what do you expect? Condoleezza Rice, seriously?

Reactions: vivid_red
As I posted on another thread Texas A&M was a pretender. Now wait and see another SEC team will beat another weak SEC team and jump over us to take A&M's place.

Reactions: Mayoman
Had Tex A&M pulled it out at the end I could have heard the Finebaums raving about the "grit of the Aggies going into a hostile environment and pulling out a win." The same hypocrits who raked Louisville over the coals after the Virginia game. A&M doesn't have one win half as impressive as Louisville's win over FSU. They don't even have a win where their play was as impressive as Louisville's play was in the loss at Clemson. I had no problem with Washington and OSU being ranked over Louisville last week. But A&M? Child Please.

Yeah, looking at #11UF /Arky(7-14 score now) and I was thinking if we played in UF uniforms we'd be ranked #3.
Today, we crush the #10 defense in the FBS and may move up to #6, Brand names are important.
On that same thought, if we'd crush UMd by 70 and if not named Michigan, we would not be in the top four.

Last edited:
If I were a t.v. executive, I would want Lamar playing in the playoffs. He is the most exciting player I have ever seen.

Exactly...great team...great ratings! I simply can't watch potentially two traditional powers, Florida State '14 2.0 (aka Clemson '16), and a hipster-filled team from Seattle, Washington in the final 4.

Exactly...great team...great ratings! I simply can't watch potentially two traditional powers, Florida State '14 2.0 (aka Clemson '16), and a hipster-filled team from Seattle, Washington in the final 4.
They did it with Oregon.

Had Tex A&M pulled it out at the end I could have heard the Finebaums raving about the "grit of the Aggies going into a hostile environment and pulling out a win." The same hypocrits who raked Louisville over the coals after the Virginia game. A&M doesn't have one win half as impressive as Louisville's win over FSU. They don't even have a win where their play was as impressive as Louisville's play was in the loss at Clemson. I had no problem with Washington and OSU being ranked over Louisville last week. But A&M? Child Please.
A&M beat Auburn. That's not a bad win.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
More like UofL moves up a spot.

After a strong win today, may also jump Washinton - depending on the Wash/Cal score.

CC...me too. Bet first team to score wins the game. OSU is taking the Huskers to the wood shed. Sorry about that to all my friends in NE watching the game. Drink up...buttercup, to forget that mess.

I agree both quarterbacks are really bad but the LSU quarterback is the worst division one quarterback I have seen in a long time.

The playoffs should be the best two teams from each conference and eliminate the conference championship games that takes the human element out of it and if two teams are tied have a play in game.

Cal is going to be a GOOD Win for Washington...They'll move up to #4...tOSU #5...Louisville #6!!!

:cool:
I think that's how it will look also.
1.Alabama
2.Michigan
3.Clemson
4.Washington
5.Ohio St
6.Louisville
7.Wisconsin

Gotta hope Michigan beats Ohio State and Washington loses at least once to USC and/or Washington St. Which is very possible. I don't think Arizona St has much of a chance to beat the Huskies.

Just keep winning big Cards.

Reactions: American Male
I think that's how it will look also.
1.Alabama
2.Michigan
3.Clemson
4.Washington
5.Ohio St
6.Louisville
7.Wisconsin

Gotta hope Michigan beats Ohio State and Washington loses at least once to USC and/or Washington St. Which is very possible. I don't think Arizona St has much of a chance to beat the Huskies.

Just keep winning big Cards.

OSU will be #4. Urban Myer "left no doubt" over #10 Nebraska.

An SEC team loses by 7 on the road to another SEC team and that proves the SEC is bad. Gotcha.

An SEC team loses by 7 on the road to another SEC team and that proves the SEC is bad. Gotcha.

That SEC team they lost got got beat by South Alabama. The SEC totally sucks and is probably the worst division of the Power 5.

That SEC team they lost got got beat by South Alabama. The SEC totally sucks and is probably the worst division of the Power 5.

Well, the current average Sagarin rating of the SEC teams is 37.3 versus 44.4 for the ACC. In his break down by division, the SEC West is No. 1 followed by the Pac 12 North, then the Pac 12 South, the Big 10 East and then the ACC Atlantic.

So, no, I don't think you can say the SEC West is the "worst" division in the P5. The SEC East is, actually. Oh, and is not close. The SEC West has a mean of 86.49 where as the second place division (P-12 North) is 79.09 or 7.4 below. The SEC East (last place among the P5 is 71.95 which is only 7.14 behind second place. So, there is a bigger gap between 1 and 2 than between 2 and 9.

Envy is no basis for an argument.

Reactions: CardMonarch
I didn't realize the PAC was so highly rated in the computer numbers. I'm glad to know it so I won't be as surprised if 1-loss Washington gets in ahead of us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT