ADVERTISEMENT

1/2/21 LOUISVILLE VS BOSTON COLLEGE GAME THREAD- NOON FOX SPORTS SOUTH

Go Cards! It’s looking like a blackout for me today. Audio it is. 🥴

Well, Sam did some scoring today. I hope the bad foul calls from refs was Sam’s issue today.

We need to work on inbounding the call on our opponents press. I still think the refs are local because when they show a replay I don’t see the fouls.

Will Mack ever learn how to devise something to beat a press?!?
We’ve generally had a mid-major point or a combo guard the last few years who aren’t gifted enough to break a press. I don’t think we’ve had a true 1/pure point the last few years.

But, Carlik combined with DJ and Sam’s length should be enough to beat it. I think Mineland has some good ball handling skills and he can be our press breaker when he’s healthy.

One thing that helps beat a press is if you have a big guy with handles that can see over the traps and make the passes downcourt to burn a press. I agree prior guards were just average players at this level, at best. Honestly they were below average. D Perry transferred out to mid-major UCF, Cunningham just not a highly rated guy, etc...

If you have a guy 6-9 or taller you can kind of lob it into, and then let him throw over the top, problem solved. It is true Jones/Johnson you would think could break it down, but they can still run into traps against taller stronger guys and have problems.

Just one guy's opinion I've never coached anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT