ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Williamson

Romeo grew up in your backyard and can't be considered as evidence of U of L's recruiting typically.

And in case you've already forgotten, it was pursuing other 5-star kids (Bowen, Blakeney) that got you in the most trouble. Pitino tried to shortcut his own process...
Not only that but trying to recruit guys like Sebastian Telfair and others may have cost us opportunities to recruit some local L1C4 kids that would have made a difference.

Reactions: Mayoman and zipp
He should probably make it a priority to do that.
That's pretty absurd. The game is on the court, not on message boards. Everything Padgett, for example, does is an attribute of the UofL legacy - pressing, great defense, athleticism. We have had every single sort of teams - from the guard dominated Title winners to the long guys we play with now. The "culture" at Louisville is open ended because it includes almost all of basketball's variances, with an emphasis on athleticism and cohesive team play. There is actually a brand we're talking about. Nobody ever expects to beat Louisville.

That's pretty absurd. The game is on the court, not on message boards. Everything Padgett, for example, does is an attribute of the UofL legacy - pressing, great defense, athleticism. We have had every single sort of teams - from the guard dominated Title winners to the long guys we play with now. The "culture" at Louisville is open ended because it includes almost all of basketball's variances, with an emphasis on athleticism and cohesive team play. There is actually a brand we're talking about. Nobody ever expects to beat Louisville.

He's taking cheap shots at the UofL program's off-court problems, he's not talking about the playing style of the kids.

This is what Zipp has reduced him too.

Zipp has a cult following. He's a puppeteer. The guy has been following Zipp around in every thread for months. He just enjoys the smack talk.

The relationship between Zipp and the typical UK fan message board poster is the same story, different screen names.

Reactions: Senore2006 and zipp
We will have to agree to disagree. These kids have more chasers than they can count...
But they don't have PROGRAMS built on it. Duke has effectively stolen that from LPT. The occasional kid going to Clemson or Tennessee doesn't matter...

He's taking cheap shots at the UofL program's off-court problems, he's not talking about the playing style of the kids.

Zipp has a cult following. He's a puppeteer. The guy has been following Zipp around in every thread for months. He just enjoys the smack talk.

The relationship between Zipp and the typical UK fan message board poster is the same story, different screen names.
Red handed. I do like talking ball. In addition, I also enjoy a back and forth with Z. He takes it all a little too serious though. Sometimes I have serious discussions with him and sometimes it’s pretty cheeky. To be fair, he likes to take a lot of rope and Folks are happy to give it to him. Luckily, I’ve got nice thick skin and this stuff is just entertainment.

As far as L1C4 goes, that was a Pitino thing. It was something he preached frequently. He’s gone and he left under a negative cloud. So when I made my post about getting away from L1C4 I was actually being serious. This is Padgett’s team now and I think he deserves a clean slate. I would think that would mean distancing himself and the club from the Rick-isms. Create his own “L1C4” and put his stamp on the program.

If the season ended today I absolutely believe they David Padgett deserves to be national coach of the year. Dead serious. I’m very impressed. As it stands, uk’s win over his team is the brightest win on our schedule. Well done.

uk%20trained%20seal_zpsulgxj0xp.jpg

...As far as L1C4 goes, that was a Pitino thing. It was something he preached frequently...
Clueless like most slapd!cks... Pitino started it, and L1C4 was adopted by entire athletic dept. under Jurich. ALL programs embraced it. And whether it continues explicitly, it still continues beneath the surface. U of L is the opposite of LPT...it wants kids who come here to play for the school. Do those kids all want good jobs when they leave?...Sure. But that's not their focus as a high school senior.
...This is Padgett’s team now and I think he deserves a clean slate. I would think that would mean distancing himself and the club from the Rick-isms. Create his own “L1C4” and put his stamp on the program...
Padgett's got bigger priorities at the moment than slogans. He simply needs to understand who he is/we are.
...As it stands, uk’s win over his team is the brightest win on our schedule. Well done.
It's that way about every year. That's why it's called "Super Bowl".

"Elite program," my a$$...

Not only that but trying to recruit guys like Sebastian Telfair and others may have cost us opportunities to recruit some local L1C4 kids that would have made a difference.

The biggest problem with wasting all that time and effort on Telfair was that he basically sucked. Just a bunch of hype. Pitino should have seen that.

Clueless like most slapd!cks... Pitino started it, and L1C4 was adopted by entire athletic dept. under Jurich. ALL programs embraced it. And whether it continues explicitly, it still continues beneath the surface. U of L is the opposite of LPT...it wants kids who come here to play for the school. Do those kids all want good jobs when they leave?...Sure. But that's not their focus as a high school senior.

Padgett's got bigger priorities at the moment than slogans. He simply needs to understand who he is/we are.

It's that way about every year. That's why it's called "Super Bowl".

Every year, the first Sunday in February Zipp sits down to big plate of polish sausage and re-watches the Kentucky-Louisville game from December. It’s his least favorite day of the year

Every year, the first Sunday in February Zipp sits down to big plate of polish sausage and re-watches the Kentucky-Louisville game from December. It’s his least favorite day of the year
I've already heard next year the game is tentatively planned for a 9 AM Tuesday slot on the ESPN News channel.

The rest of the country and I kinda disregard nowadays. It's still a huge deal to slappies and usually the best win on your schedule when it occurs.

I've already heard next year the game is tentatively planned for a 9 AM Tuesday slot on the ESPN News channel.

The rest of the country and I kinda disregard nowadays. It's still a huge deal to slappies and usually the best win on your schedule when it occurs.

I’d say disregarding it is a good idea.

Wait, 9AM? On Tuesday? Aren’t you gonna miss KSR?

The biggest problem with wasting all that time and effort on Telfair was that he basically sucked. Just a bunch of hype. Pitino should have seen that.

He sucked in the NBA but it's unclear how he would have done at the college level.

The biggest problem with wasting time on Telfair was that he wasted time on Telfair - it was obvious he was more interested in marketing to get drafted than he was to ever set foot on a college campus.

He should have been all-in on Rondo, and wasted zero time on Telfair.

It's that way about

Red handed. I do like talking ball. In addition, I also enjoy a back and forth with Z. He takes it all a little too serious though. Sometimes I have serious discussions with him and sometimes it’s pretty cheeky. To be fair, he likes to take a lot of rope and Folks are happy to give it to him. Luckily, I’ve got nice thick skin and this stuff is just entertainment.

As far as L1C4 goes, that was a Pitino thing. It was something he preached frequently. He’s gone and he left under a negative cloud. So when I made my post about getting away from L1C4 I was actually being serious. This is Padgett’s team now and I think he deserves a clean slate. I would think that would mean distancing himself and the club from the Rick-isms. Create his own “L1C4” and put his stamp on the program.

If the season ended today I absolutely believe they David Padgett deserves to be national coach of the year. Dead serious. I’m very impressed. As it stands, uk’s win over his team is the brightest win on our schedule. Well done.
L1C4 might have been coined by Pitino but Louisville has practiced it for years. From the years in Crawford Gym and old players having a real attachment to the University. Do you think all these OAD's really give a rats ass about the University of Kentucky?

Last edited:
Reactions: zipp and Cue Card
L1C4 might have been coined by Pitino but Louisville has practiced it for years. From the years in Crawford Gym and old playerrs having a real attachment to the University. Do you think all these OAD's really give a rats ass about the University of Kentucky?
Yeah but did Pitino actually practice it? He hired plenty of his old UK buddies to coach our team but how many of those old Crawford Gym guys were allowed in? Maybe there were legit reasons why he never did it but it sure seemed like he went out of the way to help UK people and not our guys.

Yeah but did Pitino actually practice it? He hired plenty of his old UK buddies to coach our team but how many of those old Crawford Gym guys were allowed in? Maybe there were legit reasons why he never did it but it sure seemed like he went out of the way to help UK people and not our guys.
Not that relevant. I don't feel a lifetime of indebtedness to guys who got schollies here.

And keeping out guys like Jerry Eaves and Kenny Payne is not a bad thing...

Not that relevant. I don't feel a lifetime of indebtedness to guys who got schollies here.

And keeping out guys like Jerry Eaves and Kenny Payne is not a bad thing...
But bringing in guys like Steve Masiello and Walter McCarty was a good thing?

L1C4 might have been coined by Pitino but Louisville has practiced it for years. From the years in Crawford Gym and old playerrs having a real attachment to the University. Do you think all these OAD's really give a rats ass about the University of Kentucky?
I think this is pretty much common sense boys. Pitino coined this and the athletic department helped farm the term out across the board. It’s a Noble ideology but that’s beside the point. It was still invented by a man who preceded over the worst period in school history and who is currently suing your university. You have to scrap this thing. It’s a no brainer.

I think this is pretty much common sense boys. Pitino coined this and the athletic department helped farm the term out across the board. It’s a Noble ideology but that’s beside the point. It was still invented by a man who preceded over the worst period in school history and who is currently suing your university. You have to scrap this thing. It’s a no brainer.
From a OAD proponent. Big surprise.

And the "worst period in school history"?...LOL! Things are great. Hell, our men's basketball team is even ranked higher than yours. As in TODAY.

Decade20of20LPT20Basketball_zps20w3vdfk.jpg

I think the slogan Padgett should go with is “Louisville Resilience”. He’s always talking about how resilient this bunch is and if we come out of all these scandals with a top 25 program within 2-3 years I would say it’s accurate.

Reactions: zipp

I've noticed, lol. Amd yeh, you nailed it. He is like this gigantic foil that the odd UK fan wanders over for to get in his licks and run back to tell the tale how he gave Zipp grief, lol. He is the wind

I think the slogan Padgett should go with is “Louisville Resilience”. He’s always talking about how resilient this bunch is and if we come out of all these scandals with a top 25 program within 2-3 years I would say it’s accurate.
That’s not bad. I gotta say as a UK fan I’d prefer a more hate worthy character as your coach. Could you maybe hire Cronin? But seriously, DP has already done a great job. It’s gonna make for a great story to look back on some day

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
I've noticed, lol. Amd yeh, you nailed it. He is like this gigantic foil that the odd UK fan wanders over for to get in his licks and run back to tell the tale how he gave Zipp grief, lol. He is the wind
At least get it right bubba. I ain’t running back to nowhere saying anything.

Yeah, that is so easy to check, lol.

Don't get me wrong. I'll respect your obsession. I have a few of my own.
I don't know Rocky's history nor do I wanna know... He posted on the national Rivals site extensively until November when I stopped posting there during a brief visit. Coincidence? Then he starts showing up here regularly. Coincidence??

Criminal authorities call that stuff a "pattern of behavior"...

I don't know Rocky's history nor do I wanna know... He posted on the national Rivals site extensively until November when I stopped posting there during a brief visit. Coincidence? Then he starts showing up here regularly. Coincidence??

Criminal authorities call that stuff a "pattern of behavior"...

I gotta say, I am downright flattered Z. Checkin up on me and stuff.

Oh you have no idea.

Why oh why would a uahkay cayut fan spend so much time on our boards following an obvious diehard UofL fan? At least you admit that you have a low bar for pleasure. I’d be very concerned about my mental health if it was me. Maybe you should “speak” to someone. Perhaps a counselor or your minister. :rolleyes:

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Why oh why would a uahkay cayut fan spend so much time on our boards following an obvious diehard UofL fan? At least you admit that you have a low bar for pleasure. I’d be very concerned about my mental health if it was me. Maybe you should “speak” to someone. Perhaps a counselor or your minister. :rolleyes:

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
I was making a joke. Lordy.

watching him on ESPN. I’ve seen a ton of dunking highlights on this kid. Never realized he weighs 272 lbs. Wow, hope he goes one-and-done to Clemson, don’t want him down the road.
Overrated, he played hs at a school equivalent to KCD but in SC. Watch those dunk highlights more carefully and all you see are 6’ white boys getting posterized. Zion will have to improve in many areas in college [where his size/strength won’t be such a factor].

Why oh why would a uahkay cayut fan spend so much time on our boards following an obvious diehard UofL fan?...
Stalkers stalk. It's what they're good at, besides entertaining.

uk%20trained%20seal_zpsulgxj0xp.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT