ADVERTISEMENT

Your Thoughts On This Season?

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
As tumultuous as these last few days have been, the season starts pretty soon.

We know David Padgett will be the interim HC but what will this season be?

I mean will the team be able to play in the NCAAT?

Is this simply a throwaway season, playing for nothing more than pride?

Will we have to wait until the NCAA rules on UofL?

I hate everything that has happened, but I feel the worst for the young men on this team. The ones that did nothing wrong didn't deserve this. I'll still be cheering my head off for this team.

Last edited:
The NCAA is not going to do anything this season. Idk why people are so worried about that. Not saying you, just in general. The NCAA just found out about this themselves. And people tend to forget, Louisville is NOT the only school involved. And it is nowhere near over, news is going to break I bet. It's going to get huge.

NCAA takes years on 1 school, how long will it take on double digit worth of schools?

Reactions: shadow force
I am predicting a 75% win percentage. We will pull off a big win or 2 though. Maybe UNC. Duke. It also depends on who is ineligible on the schedule. Looking at you Duke and UK.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I'm not sure what to think about this upcoming season. What a week.

Not sure what will happen with the NCAA and how that will impact this season.

It's going to be a tough road literally and figuratively speaking. When this team goes on the road, it's going to be bad...

This could be the last decent or respectable Louisville basketball team we see for 5 to 6 years. Maybe longer. It's going to be a tough road back after this season.

David Padgett has stepped into one of the more bizarre situations. Taking over one of the top 5-6 programs in CBB. Following in the footsteps of a HOF coach. In the midst one of the biggest scandals to hit college athletics (sports in general for that matter), with no head coaching experience. Tough spot. Challenge.

What an opportunity for David Padgett. He has absolutely nothing to lose with a very talented team. He should feel no pressure at all. None. Look at the circumstances.

One of the toughest challenges for Padgett will be adopting his own coaching philosophy, finding decent assistant coaches and not trying to be Rick Pitino. Padgett has seen first hand and up close what preparation is needed to succeed. He will obviously, I think, run a similar system that the guys are used to. I really think he will do better than most think with the talent on this team.

We will find out a lot about the character of the guys on this team. I think they will bond as a team and try to make this one special. You have several local guys on the team. Padgett an understudy and former player. I fully expect these guys to play with some pride.

How do they respond if they drop a few games early or lose 2 or 3 games in row during the season? Do they lose trust and respect for Padgett? Does any outside noise or thoughts about transfers disrupt the team?

Success to me would be Louisville reaching anywhere near 20 wins. I think the fans will rally around and behind this team and attempt to make the best of their current circumstances.

Yeah every road game crowd is going to be absolutely BRUTAL, I'm sure. This probably will be a last hurrah in terms of talent for the Cards for many years. It's going to be a very strange season.

Yeah every road game crowd is going to be absolutely BRUTAL, I'm sure. This probably will be a last hurrah in terms of talent for the Cards for many years. It's going to be a very strange season.

It was already brutal with the sypher/ whoor chants/pictures.
Unfortunately some of the players are used to it.

Be professional and tune it. Make the home teams pay for such pettiness.

Go full force into the wind.

Expecting a deep run by a team thats going to face scrutiny.

After this March/ April, Cards wont be in the NCAAT for a mininmum of 2 years.

Go out on top!

Reactions: shadow force
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT