ADVERTISEMENT

Wyking Jones to Cal bears to coan Ivan Rabb?

Why would you suggest John Pelphrey??? There are way better coaches than this guy IMO, and I'm not stating this due to his ties to ukay. I just think there are better candidates than JP.

Gotta be a recruiter replacing him. He went after Kenny Johnson because of his recruiting skills. Gotta think he does the same with the next guy. Wyking was brought in for his recruiting.

This post was edited on 4/17 4:43 PM by cuzimacardfan

I am not touting Pelphrey for this slot whatsoever. But, I have been reading various tweets that the next hire will come from the Petrino coaching tree. Given these predictions and the rumors about Billy Donovan heading for the NBA's Thunder I just connected the dots. I actually prefer someone other than Pelphrey but will not be surprised to see him hired.

This post was edited on 4/17 5:39 PM by ShortCreek

Luke Hancock/David Padgett

I think either one would be a perfect replacement for Wyking Jones. I wish the best for Coach Jones at Cal and hope that he does well and thanks for the job that he did at UofL.

Re: Luke Hancock/David Padgett

Not surprised that Wyking is leaving. I had heard that Pitino was not happy with WJ's ability to evaluate talent.

Re: Luke Hancock/David Padgett

HMM last i checked the final say in the evaluation rest with the head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT