ADVERTISEMENT

WOW

A 2 foot vertical isn't all that bad when you're already close to 7 foot tall. He's still a big body and the one thing a coach can't teach is height.

A 2 foot vertical isn't all that bad when you're already close to 7 foot tall. He's still a big body and the one thing a coach can't teach is height.
There is no spinning a positive out of this. He came in out of shape, overweight and had the worst vertical in 15 years. He has very little offensive game and runs like an ogre on tranquilizers. Cal did nothing for him and just stepped aside and let the kid make a really bad decision to leave school. No one will draft him just because he's tall. There are literally 100s of kids as tall as Dakari with skill who find themselves hoping for a shot in the D league much less the NBA. The notion that being a big guy will get him drafted is not the same now as it was even 10 years ago.

Reactions: pervisl
There is no spinning a positive out of this. He came in out of shape, overweight and had the worst vertical in 15 years. He has very little offensive game and runs like an ogre on tranquilizers. Cal did nothing for him and just stepped aside and let the kid make a really bad decision to leave school. No one will draft him just because he's tall. There are literally 100s of kids as tall as Dakari with skill who find themselves hoping for a shot in the D league much less the NBA. The notion that being a big guy will get him drafted is not the same now as it was even 10 years ago.

Probably true. To tell you the honest truth, I don't know very much about him other than what I've read on this board. I don't remember him playing all that much when I watched UofK play which is normally when they played the Cards.

We all know who John Calipari is and what he does for these kids. He's a bag man for William Wesley and the AAU circuit. He's a salesman. Period. He had to make room for the next group so there was no talking this kid out of leaving. The next great big to ever be born is coming to UK. Johnson wouldn't have played had he stayed.

ADVERTISEMENT