ADVERTISEMENT

WOW! Great game...

Dec 31, 2014
Louisville, KY
ND played great. Wonderful discipline, excellent rebounding. I really thought the had it.
Great game... they gave UK everything they could handle.
In the last minute, I looked at my wife and said this thing is a coin toss.

Now it's the CARDS turn tomorrow. Would love to see both schools in the Final Four again.
Dreaming of a NC match up... but the state might blow up if that happened.

Originally posted by OneEarWonder:
ND played great. Wonderful discipline, excellent rebounding. I really thought the had it.

Now it's the CARDS turn tomorrow. Would love to see both schools in the Final Four again.
What part was so great? Towns hooking on his moves to layups or the no calls on the UK defenders?

Just curious which part was so great to watch for you?

You aren't fooling anybody.

@Cue - it's only a foul if he extends or pushes, battling for leverage is not a foul

@CardFan1130 - huh? nobody's trying to fool anybody. I sincerely hope the Cards win.

What part was so great? Towns hooking on his moves to layups or the no calls on the UK defenders?

Just curious which part was so great to watch for you?
>
it's great to have a coach who has so much influence on the game of college bball. cal has this nat'l ship wrapped and ready for delivery. refs are a small cost of doing business. capitalism and www---i love America. on to indy

Just curious: your team just made it to the FF, why do you immediately run over to your rival's message board?

@CF, I didn't run over here... I am generally always online and I frequent this board. Last night I was checking stat lines and online chatter.

@imparti... what don't I get? Enlighten me. I don't get hatred, or bashing teams, or bashing fans, or blaming refs, or making excuses, regardless of who is playing... I know I don't get that. I don't expect anyone here to celebrate UK, and I'm not here to do that either. I'm here to discuss BASKETBALL.

I thought it was a great game last night. ND tested UK like no one else this season. Even their OT games, they were not tested or pushed this hard. It was a back and forth game, no team able to get the leverage to really separate. Both coaches had good game plans. Cal actually did a good job at the half on focusing on the inside game, then rotating Towns in and out once he was in foul trouble. Brey did a great job of keeping his team moving and out running UK, opening lanes and getting good looks.

In the end, it came down to 1 shot for a chance at the FF. It was a clean game, well executed. Not a lot of dumb turn overs (the TOs were generally caused by strong defense). A very fundamental game, had me on the edge of my seat the entire game. Had ND hit that shot or found another way to win, I would be saying the exact same thing today. Last night was a heavy weight fight, trading punches and no one backing down. It was a great game. ND did great, UK did great... only one team can move on.

And believe it or not, I expect UL and MSU to play a similar game today and I'm looking forward to more great basketball. I'd love to see both my teams (yes, I cheer for both) in the Final Four. I dare dream for a game on the biggest stage, but I fear what that would do to fans who don't share my duality.

@imparti... what don't I get? Enlighten me.
This isn't a UK board. Nobody wants to read any "WOW great game!!!!" threads after UK wins a game ever - not here.

This is not the location for this type of thread.

This place is overrun by filthy UK trolls the last thread that should be created is a shew we won thread by a UK fan. The fact that you have the nerve to create it then ask why it shouldn't be here shows how oblivious you are to your surroundings in general.

You deserve a GTFO. Learn your audience. You should be banned for being a moron.

Originally posted by Ipartiedwithhopgood:

@imparti... what don't I get? Enlighten me.
This isn't a UK board. Nobody wants to read any "WOW great game!!!!" threads after UK wins a game ever - not here.

This is not the location for this type of thread.

This place is overrun by filthy UK trolls the last thread that should be created is a shew we won thread by a UK fan. The fact that you have the nerve to create it then ask why it shouldn't be here shows how oblivious you are to your surroundings in general.

You deserve a GTFO. Learn your audience. You should be banned for being a moron.
This times a million. This troll needs to be banned or at least change his moniker to noEARwonder. He thinks people on this board should enjoy the big blue smoke he continues to blow up peoples asses. He should be banned.

Don't you guys get it, well I know you do.
UK fans=constant craving for attention, pats on the back, please acknowledge me, I have no life, I live vicariously thru 19 year old kids, please tell me how wonderful "my" team is, so I can feel good about myself.

Gee guys, thanks for all the personal attacks... I come here to talk Basketball. Clearly this is not a basketball board like I thought. It's only a bash board, so bash away

I don't totally agree with the comment that they crave attention. I think all teams want their team to be recognized. The UK players had heard for two days that this was the team to take them down, this team was more prepared, they were the best offense. Then they win and it is they didn't deserve it.

Very similar to UL, I read the threads on here and UL feels disrespected. They feel their accomplishment isn't being recognized, from the #4 seed, to a thread complaining that UL doesn't get enough pub on a pregame video. We all want our teams recognized.

Best of luck today.

Gee guys, thanks for all the personal attacks... I come here to talk Basketball. Clearly this is not a basketball board like I thought. It's only a bash board, so bash away
Quit acting as if UK fans haven't invaded this board and bombed away on all things Louisville.

After every loss, every fake screen name created in time is here to either directly or indirectly trash Louisville.

Quit playing the victim. Wake up and learn more about where you are before pretending to be a victim.

Nobody is personally attacking you - the fact that you need the dynamic explained is on you. If you're oblivious, then you're oblivious.

Originally posted by hs_sportsfan:

I don't totally agree with the comment that they crave attention. I think all teams want their team to be recognized. The UK players had heard for two days that this was the team to take them down, this team was more prepared, they were the best offense. Then they win and it is they didn't deserve it.

Very similar to UL, I read the threads on here and UL feels disrespected. They feel their accomplishment isn't being recognized, from the #4 seed, to a thread complaining that UL doesn't get enough pub on a pregame video. We all want our teams recognized.

Best of luck today.
Notre Dame was also worse defensive team left in the tourney too yet UK was only able to score due to no calls on obvious offensive foul moves in the post and won by (wait for it!) 2 free throws. The only 2 shots that UK actually stepped up and made was the 3 the Harrison kid hit and Ulis doing the same thing from the corner in the second half. The rest of UK's scoring, especially in the second half was due to no calls being called on offensive foul moves in the post. That is the truth.

It's real easy to score 3 feet from the basket when you are allowed to lower your shoulder to bull your way in, then hook with your off arm then finish the shot after clearing out the space. Hell even I could do that at 50 years old. Anyone can.

Originally posted by Ipartiedwithhopgood:
Quit acting as if UK fans haven't invaded this board and bombed away on all things Louisville.

After every loss, every fake screen name created in time is here to either directly or indirectly trash Louisville.

Quit playing the victim. Wake up and learn more about where you are before pretending to be a victim.

Nobody is personally attacking you - the fact that you need the dynamic explained is on you. If you're oblivious, then you're oblivious.
Hahaha, I know where I am. This is the ONLY board I frequent. I'm a Louisville native and prefer this site. I know there are trolls and assh*le fans that come here to talk trash. I am not one of them. I don't do that, never have.

As far as not being personally attacked? Called a troll, told to f off, called a moron, etc.. if those aren't attacks, what are they?

I'm wanting to talk about basketball, and just because I'm not bashing UK, I get (proverbially) shouted down.

@CF, I didn't run over here... I am generally always online and I frequent this board. Last night I was checking stat lines and online chatter.

@imparti... what don't I get? Enlighten me. I don't get hatred, or bashing teams, or bashing fans, or blaming refs, or making excuses, regardless of who is playing... I know I don't get that. I don't expect anyone here to celebrate UK, and I'm not here to do that either. I'm here to discuss BASKETBALL.

I thought it was a great game last night. ND tested UK like no one else this season. Even their OT games, they were not tested or pushed this hard. It was a back and forth game, no team able to get the leverage to really separate. Both coaches had good game plans. Cal actually did a good job at the half on focusing on the inside game, then rotating Towns in and out once he was in foul trouble. Brey did a great job of keeping his team moving and out running UK, opening lanes and getting good looks.

In the end, it came down to 1 shot for a chance at the FF. It was a clean game, well executed. Not a lot of dumb turn overs (the TOs were generally caused by strong defense). A very fundamental game, had me on the edge of my seat the entire game. Had ND hit that shot or found another way to win, I would be saying the exact same thing today. Last night was a heavy weight fight, trading punches and no one backing down. It was a great game. ND did great, UK did great... only one team can move on.

And believe it or not, I expect UL and MSU to play a similar game today and I'm looking forward to more great basketball. I'd love to see both my teams (yes, I cheer for both) in the Final Four. I dare dream for a game on the biggest stage, but I fear what that would do to fans who don't share my duality.
Enough wit the passive=aggressive act ("I just wanted to 'talk basketball!' "
sad0001.r191677.gif
). And go away and "talk basketball" wit the other rubes on Cayut Illuztraided.

What a pussy! Go to your own board.

You did? That's good to know. I'd been wondering what was going through your mind there at the end. Thanks for sharing!

I'm wanting to talk about basketball, and just because I'm not bashing UK, I get (proverbially) shouted down.
Nobody gives 2 wet dumps what you want to "talk about". How hard is this for you to understand?

Originally posted by Cue Card:

Originally posted by hs_sportsfan:

Best of luck today.
Notre Dame was also worse defensive team left in the tourney too yet UK was only able to score due to no calls on obvious offensive foul moves in the post and won by (wait for it!) 2 free throws. The only 2 shots that UK actually stepped up and made was the 3 the Harrison kid hit and Ulis doing the same thing from the corner in the second half. The rest of UK's scoring, especially in the second half was due to no calls being called on offensive foul moves in the post. That is the truth.

It's real easy to score 3 feet from the basket when you are allowed to lower your shoulder to bull your way in, then hook with your off arm then finish the shot after clearing out the space. Hell even I could do that at 50 years old. Anyone can.
It is really mind boggling that UL fans would question aggressive play down low. How many times do we see Harrell bully his way to the basket and get a dunk, but everyone raves about how aggressive he is and how hard he plays. You are also correct that ND was the lowest ranked defense left in the tourney which is why I would say UK didn't play their best game. Lyles was off, Andrew and Aaron were not aggressive, Towns missed some easy shots in the first half all of that can be attributed to ND's defense and also the fact that UK didn't play with the energy last night that they normally do.

Originally posted by CardFan1130:
Class. Pure class. Thanks for proving my point.

Originally posted by CardFan1130:

Class. Pure class. Thanks for proving my point.
You're welcome! No go away, you aren't wanted here you passive-aggressive little baby.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT