ADVERTISEMENT

WKU thread

Are y'all getting this game on the link? Anything special I have to do?

Gotta say…Koger has not lived up to his billing coming in as FR (doesn’t mean he won’t improve of course). WKU being within 8 runs of UofL is too close. They just are not very good.

Going to get the Lipscomb pitching scenario - might see 5-8 WKU pitchers LOL

Man,Beard and Peyton two guys locked in like I haven't seen over here for a minute.
Beard hits the ball on the ground a lot and it really pays off.
Peyton had a 6 at bats slump that lasted half a series at BC and shrugged it off.
They're constantly making things happen.

I heard Sean Moth say he thinks JT Benson is "progressing" from his broken jaw. Not much detail but McD is usually very tight-lipped about injuries. If that is the case, when he comes back I could see some rotation in the OF. Even if McD wanted to give Usher a break, there's nobody pushing for a spot. Seng and Hawkins have not shown anything in their limited playing time. I assume Humphrey would have to play CF if Usher rests and that would be a downgrade. If Benson hits, Humphrey continues to play well and Usher struggles, you could see a scenario where Usher comes in as pinch runner / defensive replacement in a 4 OF rotation.

Still shocked at how many 1st pitches Knap swings at but still manages to walk at a high rate (1-5 w/ 2 BB and a run yesterday). Approach is working but you wonder if he will adapt when ACC Ps adapt to seeing if he'll chase 1st pitches out of the zone. Keep doing what you're doing but always be ready to adapt.

Agree that Beard and Payton are dialed in. Consistently good approaches and solid contact.

Koger remains a mystery. TV guy thought Usher misplayed the fly ball that turned into a leadoff triple. Moth was less critical and thought the ball carried. Impossible to tell from the WKU "Ring doorbell" camera. Regardless, BB, HR, HBP scattered among 2 outs was brutal.

Ferris was good in his 2 IP and Hawks Kd the 2 batters he faced.

Really encouraging to see Lohman with a good outing. He did give up 2 Hs but had 2 Ks in 1.1 IP and facing 6 batters. Most importantly, no BBs.

Wonder why we didn't see Seed, Moose or Galvan.

Working trip to Pitt this weekend. Let's get things done.

Cards had another zero error night last night in the field, to go with no errors all weekend at BC. The Cards improved their fielding pct to .969, and moved up to 116th in the country out of 293 teams for games through March 28th. That jumped us up to 60th percentile from the 30’s previously.

They will go even higher after the zero error night last night.

Cards had another zero error night last night in the field, to go with no errors all weekend at BC. The Cards improved their fielding pct to .969, and moved up to 116th in the country out of 293 teams for games through March 28th. That jumped us up to 60th percentile from the 30’s previously.

They will go even higher after the zero error night last night.
Rushing did have a PB that lead to Grundy's 1 run allowed to be unearned but you are correct that no Es in the box score is a welcome recent change. Thought they were particularly good with the leather on SUN v. BC.

Reactions: PushupMan
heard Sean Moth say he thinks JT Benson is "progressing" from his broken jaw. Not much detail but McD is usually very tight-lipped about injuries.
I actually talked to Benson at the Lipscomb game for just a second while he was using the exercise bike at the end of the dugout and I asked how he was doing.
He told me a couple of weeks until he'd be ready,which might mean in time for the North Carolina series here next weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT