ADVERTISEMENT

Withers Named ACC Co-Freshman Of The Week

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
In a pair of victories for the Cardinals last week, Withers averaged 14 points, 11 rebounds and shot 52.4 percent from the field. He produced his third double-double of the season with 12 points and a career-high 13 rebounds against Notre Dame on Feb. 23. All three of his double-doubles have been in ACC games.

Withers totaled 16 points and nine rebounds at Duke, his ninth game this season with nine or more rebounds. His offensive rebound with 10 seconds remaining in regulation at Duke preserved the Cardinals' possession and the game went to overtime.

Would love to see him play a full season at the 4. He and Williamson can flat out rebound. Biggest issue with JW is his ability to finish around the basket, but man kid can play!!! Hope he likes school.
This is sadly what has given him the boost. Malik being out has a trickle down effect and Withers is effected big time. Now he’s back to the 5

This is sadly what has given him the boost. Malik being out has a trickle down effect and Withers is effected big time. Now he’s back to the 5
If Mack were smart, he would see how productive withers is at the 4 and start JJ at the 5. JJ is not a liability in my opinion and he hustles. If he gets in foul trouble, you can go back to withers, but at least you would have our best lineup for some portion of the game:

DJ, Carlik, Sam, withers and JJ compared to:

DJ, Carlik, Sam, Withers, and either Slaz or Davis.

With option 1 only 1 player is out of position, with option 2, two players are out of position.

Plus with option 1, you have Slaz and Davis to provide spark off the bench.

If Mack were smart, he would see how productive withers is at the 4 and start JJ at the 5. JJ is not a liability in my opinion and he hustles. If he gets in foul trouble, you can go back to withers, but at least you would have our best lineup for some portion of the game:

DJ, Carlik, Sam, withers and JJ compared to:

DJ, Carlik, Sam, Withers, and either Slaz or Davis.

With option 1 only 1 player is out of position, with option 2, two players are out of position.

Plus with option 1, you have Slaz and Davis to provide spark off the bench.

Was watching a bit of Macks latest presser and it kind of sounded like he may try JJ at the 5 with Withers at the 4. He wasn't totally clear on that point though so that may be me reading into it.

I may be imagining this but it looked like Sam was taking some serious pride grabbing rebounds. He was going to work on the glass vs Duke is this part of a trend or one off?

JJ is playing the back up 5, what if he and JW get in foul trouble both being on the court at the same time? WIZ?? Uh oh!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT