ADVERTISEMENT

"Winnable" Game?

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Louisville has lost ten games in a row and sits last in the ACC. Georgia Tech has lost seven in a row and are second to Louisville in the current ACC standings with one conference win.

Looks like the most "winnable" game in conference but I still feel Cards lose it anyway.

Georgia Tech is cratering, having just lost a home game to Duke by 43 points. They also recently lost by 21 to Clemson and 17 to Syracuse and are on a 7 game losing streak. If UofL is going to win a game again this year, it’s this one!

Sighing Sigh GIF

Lookin for a winnable game.
UofL is under the death penalty.........

No spread on this one yet. May get one tomorrow night. Wednesday morning for sure. I wouldn’t touch this one with a 10 foot pole. Although, I am curious about the spread.

Georgia Tech is awful. We know Louisville basketball is a dumpster. I have only seen Tech play once this season and they were getting up and down the floor in that game. Tech does not shoot well, they are not a good rebounding team and they do not play well on the road. Just a bad basketball team.

Cards turnovers and poor defense is why I still don’t trust them to even win this game. Obviously, anything can happen, but in my opinion this may be the Cards last solid chance at a win this season.

We’re 300 in Kenpom. The worst power 6 ranking in history. The next closest this year is Cal at 255. There’s 45 teams between us and the second worst power 6 team. Teams like NJIT and Incarnate Word. We’re not winning.

We’re 300 in Kenpom. The worst power 6 ranking in history. The next closest this year is Cal at 255. There’s 45 teams between us and the second worst power 6 team. Teams like NJIT and Incarnate Word. We’re not winning.
Wow that really puts things in perspective with how bad UofL is. I made a thread about the Cards not winning another game this season and so far they look to be right on track.

If Cards are a dog in this game I'm betting on them. We surely win this one. If we don't they should fire KP as soon as the final horn sounds.

Reactions: achilles992000
I agree with the sentiment.

They cannot let Georgia Tech run them off the floor. On paper, this game should be close though. Both teams are almost even in key stats. The 2 stats that standout to me assists and turnovers. Tech is averaging 5 more assists and the Cards average 5 more TOs.

Against the spread:
Cards are 0-4 as the favorite and 6-11 as the underdog. 3-10 at home. Tech is 5-1 as the favorite and 3-11 as dogs. 3-5 away.

Straight up to win:
Cards 1-3 as favorites and 1-16 as dogs.
Tech is 6-0 as favorites and 1-13 as dogs.

I took it to mean that, in the 17 games we’ve been the underdog, we’ve covered the spread 6 times.

Also, I took the 3-10 at home to mean we’ve been the underdog at home 13 times and have covered the spread in 3 of those 13 games.

Reactions: LouisvilleKid79
Tough call on that one. Georgia Tech just gave up 86 to Duke and UofL plays terrible defense.

But then again Tech only scored 43 against Duke and UofL is ranked 328th in field goal percentage, 363rd in assists and 342nd in turnovers.

It’s kind of like the movable object meets the resistable force….

All angles of this one are tough. I would probably take the under as well. In my opinion, the numbers say under but my eyes tell me over when I look at the Cards defense and turnovers. Again, I’m not touching this one.

Cards can win this game. I’m not sure or betting they will…. If they let Tech run them off the floor, I will be even more convinced they are not winning another game this season.

Reactions: shadow force
Should I watch the Bruins/Canadiens "Original 6" Matchup (my B's are on a 3 game slide) or the UofL/GT Battle for 2nd to last place tonight?

Should I watch the Bruins/Canadiens "Original 6" Matchup (my B's are on a 3 game slide) or the UofL/GT Battle for 2nd to last place tonight?
Chances are you'll get more joy from watching your Bs than any Cards game this season. If you can, tape the UofL game while you watch the other live.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT