ADVERTISEMENT

Which UofL Freshman Gets The Most Playing Time This Season?

Without question...Mitchell. I have no idea if he will realize his full potential at UofL, but I do believe he is a special talent with a mature and positive attitude.

Reactions: tn00nan
I agree with the majority here. It should be Mitchell. Adel will play a lot too though. Spalding may or not play much. McMahon is going to red shirt.

Getting Lewis and Lee changes the landscape for the Cards. This team went from having a bridge year to having a solid team capable of making a deep post season run. Both Mitchell and Adel get to learn from more experienced players now. That's a good thing.

Reactions: pervisl
I think Mitchell will be the best freshman guard UofL has seen in a very, very long time. His defense is what he does best, though it might be what he gets the least recognition for. Perfect fit for Pitino's defensive vision.

I think Mitchell will be the best freshman guard UofL has seen in a very, very long time. His defense is what he does best, though it might be what he gets the least recognition for. Perfect fit for Pitino's defensive vision.

Yes, for this reason and because he is the most physically mature of the frosh.

Well, no surprise, but I'm going with Mitchell as well. Can't wait to see him play this season.

Mitchell in a landslide victory...although Adel is going to see a lot of playing time too. Both are ready to go defensively but Mitchell is a stud. I can see him having one of those Reeece Gains kind of careers at UofL and possibly might be our first 1AD player. I hate saying that because I hope he sticks around for a few years but he's ready to go physically and will wow people with his athleticism. Scouts will be drueling over his potential by mid-season.

Spalding is going to need time to develop the right attitude but he's got the ability to be great too. Like Rick said, he's very mobile and skilled for his size but he's not assertive enough. he needs to put some muscle on too if he's going to play PF.

Mitchell in a landslide victory...although Adel is going to see a lot of playing time too. Both are ready to go defensively but Mitchell is a stud. I can see him having one of those Reeece Gains kind of careers at UofL and possibly might be our first 1AD player. I hate saying that because I hope he sticks around for a few years but he's ready to go physically and will wow people with his athleticism. Scouts will be drueling over his potential by mid-season.

Do you two, or anyone else, think Mitchell will have a better freshman season than Terry Rozier?

Do you two, or anyone else, think Mitchell will have a better freshman season than Terry Rozier?

I think Mitchell will have a better FR yr than Rozier. There appears to be more minutes available for Mitchell, and there aren't guys like Russ Smith, Luke Hancock, or Montrezl Harrell in the fold to take all the shots compared to Rozier's first year.

Reactions: Mayoman
Yes. Mainly because of the personell ahead of Terry on the depth chart when he got here. I don't think Mitchell is necessarily a better player than Rozier at the same point in his career, but he's walking into a situation where he could be the best backcourt player on the roster. It sounds like he's limited offensively because he's not a consistent shooter, but I look from him to lead the team in steals and be the cornerstone of our press. I expect his freshman season to go kinda like Preston Knowles' junior season, but Mitchell is a much more gifted athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT