ADVERTISEMENT

When does the roster normally come out?

That is the million dollar question every year. Not updated as of today. My guess is by Friday.

Reactions: AnotherCFD
Every year, they pretty much wait as long as they can before posting the roster. Some say the talent is so good, every spot is a battle. But, I see other teams have already released their rosters. I guess Dan's methods are a little different.

Recent years we have seen it not posted till right up to the first games of the season.
Corbett told me back in Fall they had 55 bodies over there. I know that roster won't have 55 guys on it. Yeah, Mac trying to make the most of these unseasonably nice days to nail down spots,either waiting to see who's healthy enough or choosing between fielders or pitchers🤷

I do not envy the coaching staff. Take away any non-scholarship guys and I am sure the numbers are still high. Injuries that may impact a player for a season > med RS opportunity. FR who are just behind more talented, or as talented, upperclassmen > RS. While those are seemingly easy answers to cull the herd i am also sure none of those decisions are easy. Getting the best talent (and potential best talent) on the final roster is a huge undertaking; but of course, that is what CDM gets paid for.

Roster is out for 2024
GoCards Baseball
45 man roster and a whole lot of pitchers and catchers. Lot of the pitchers I have not seen. Buckle up!!

Last edited:
Good lawd - 45!!!!! I wonder how many listed are actually going to RS?

Right now probably 3-4 position guys and maybe the same amount of pitchers,barring some kind of injury bug(knock on wood).

Moore,Taggart and Baker look like the possible position guys. I think Alicea will see some action as a pinch runner at the least.
Moore's got some wheels too.

I think Rose,Lippe(outstanding defensive outfielder) Dickerson, and the second year catchers Klein and Vierling all could play.

Just went through the roster. What stands out?
Lots of experience (Seniors) in the field and on the mound. That can be a huge advantage.
FR pitchers - Man, multiple huge dudes!

I really hope bats are alive early on so lots of these pitchers can get some early experience.

Just went through the roster. What stands out?
Lots of experience (Seniors) in the field and on the mound.
Absolutely If they can throw strikes. Every soundbite I hear from Mac mentions pounding the zone as a key to success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT