ADVERTISEMENT

What Pitino Hopes To Find Out About This Team

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
after the PR games.

You still don't know where the points are going to come from yet. That's why Puerto Rico is going to be crucial. We will know, coming out of Puerto Rico, what we have. Everything else is -- when you do individual instruction, you're basically doing drills without defense. You're working on footwork. You know who has good footwork. You know who can shoot. You know their work ethic. You don't know defense. You don't know schemes. You will know that -- this Monday we're going to practice double sessions.

On Monday, we're going two sessions, double sessions. Off Tuesday. Double sessions, double sessions, off. Double sessions, double sessions ... We've got 20 practices in 10 days. What we'll do with these practices is, one practice will focus on offensive execution and fundamentals, and the other thing will be defensive fundamentals and execution.

after the PR games.

You still don't know where the points are going to come from yet. That's why Puerto Rico is going to be crucial. We will know, coming out of Puerto Rico, what we have. Everything else is -- when you do individual instruction, you're basically doing drills without defense. You're working on footwork. You know who has good footwork. You know who can shoot. You know their work ethic. You don't know defense. You don't know schemes. You will know that -- this Monday we're going to practice double sessions.

On Monday, we're going two sessions, double sessions. Off Tuesday. Double sessions, double sessions, off. Double sessions, double sessions ... We've got 20 practices in 10 days. What we'll do with these practices is, one practice will focus on offensive execution and fundamentals, and the other thing will be defensive fundamentals and execution.
Sounds like the guys will be getting in a lot of practice time..........that's good.

I hope they find a way to stream these games. Some network ought to be smart enough to tap that pipeline, because you already know the city of Louisville is thirsty for some college sports right now.

I hope they find a way to stream these games. Some network ought to be smart enough to tap that pipeline, because you already know the city of Louisville is thirsty for some college sports right now.

I hope so. I guess we'll see soon enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT