ADVERTISEMENT

What are the chances

CardBlood

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2019
Heird can negotiate a smooth (to the public at least) parting with Satt? I really, really wanted this season to work out to keep this amazing class together, but we have literally one week to find out. Lose at UCF and I see a very swift downturn ala 2018. This staff just cannot change who they are and that’s not gonna work here. Also just to add some further discussion who would be your top 3 candidates to replace him?

1. Brohm- I know he ****ed up the other day but I’ll take the aggressiveness and effort I saw from his bunch all day every day versus what we’ve seen. I have no doubt the resources he would have here versus Purdue would allow him to be successful.He also loves U of L. One requirement would be to hire a big time DC.

2.Jeff Lebby- Has coordinated successful offenses in multiple spots and regarded as a good recruiter. Think our fan base would like his style of offense as well. The two cons I see here are he’s relatively young and has coached under some great offensive minded HC who likely had a lot of say in play calling. This season at OU as the head of the offense will give a clearer picture.

3. Pipe dream Urban Meyer- I believe I saw @Nicksorrell discussing him on the TOS, but I don’t care about reputation at this point. We’ve always been looked at as the risk takers who hire shady characters. I’m so tired of the losing and we know what he can do in the college game. Home run on field hire even with PR hits.

HM: Jim Leonhard in case we decide to go the defensive route.

Not gonna lie I admittedly really struggled trying to find quality replacements. I do not under any circumstance want to bring in another G5 head coach and I can’t see us poaching another P5 outside of Brohm so I went with who I believe is one of the better coordinators in the country. The pool on the surface isn’t great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News