ADVERTISEMENT

WDRB Reports...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
UL considering Papa John's Cardinal Stadium expansion. Decision not far off.

This post was edited on 3/31 10:45 PM by ShortCreek

Originally posted by ShortCreek:
UL considering Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. Decision not far off.
Are we missing the word "expansion"?
wink.r191677.gif

Peace

"And so, he has a vision," Schnatter said. "Once Tom has a vision, watch out. He usually makes it happen."

Sounds like it's probably a go. Can't wait to see what ideas they have.

Please PLEASE...

In any stadium expansion/upgrade, please improve accessibility to the upper deck. I like sitting up there, but I can't walk like I used to. I'm sure Jerry's palace at least has escalators to his cheap (maybe cheaper is the right word; there may be no cheap seats there) seats.

Escalators to the flight deck at both the the north and south ends would seem to be reasonable upgrade, and not an unreasonable cost. And it would make those seats much more marketable in my view.

My other pet peeve with the stadium is the width of the portals from the concourse into the stadium. Not only is it a nuisance when entering and exiting the stadium at the start and end of games, but also when two way traffic goes to and from restrooms and concessions during the game and at halftime. But more importantly, I believe it is a safety hazard. A significant injury is just waitng to happen.

My solution would be to remove 1 seat from each of the 6 rows on each side of a portal, opening up the portals for a more convenient and safer passage. This would require removal of 12 seats at each of the 20 portals, or about 240 seats total. A small price to pay for what I consider to be a major improvement to the fan experience.

Re: Please PLEASE...

NoKY - I think those ideas are really good. I support them. But the $$$ cost would be quite high. I would guess $2-3m to do what you say.

Escalators shouldn't be an unreasonable expense.

Granted, the portal modifications would require be more complex, but it is basically a small demolition project, and some refinishing work. Assuming no structural complications, I wouldn't think the cost would be a major obstacle.

This post was edited on 4/4 12:15 AM by NoKyCard

Re: Escalators shouldn't be an unreasonable expense.

NoKy -

Actually the escalators would be expensive due to the vertical heights and the enclosures required, but the cost of modifying the vomitoria would be even more 'extreme'. All doable, just expensive.

ADVERTISEMENT