ADVERTISEMENT

Walk-On Jay Henderson

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Sounds determined to earn some PT on this UofL squad.

The coincidence of another walk-on named Henderson won't be lost on the U of L community. Tim Henderson etched his name in Cards history with a pair of critical 3-pointers in the 2013 Final Four win against Wichita State and earned a scholarship in his final semester at U of L.

Jay Henderson hopes for the same path, and he does come to Louisville with some pedigree. A Lake Highland Prep product, Henderson had scholarship offers from Florida State, Memphis, Mississippi State, George Mason and Murray State, among others, according to 247Sports.com.

"Right away, I can bring defense," Henderson said. "I take a lot of pride in defense ... I know they like to press a lot. That'll be a big factor for me -- playing defense. Plus, I consider myself a great shooter. I'll be able to stretch the floor out."

Well I know the sample size is miniscule but glad to hear that it sounds like Jay Henderson has the ability to contribute off the bench in spots. As a walk-on that is all you can ask. Having great size at 6'4"-6'5" for a guard doesn't hurt either and it sounds like he can shoot.

Reactions: Cardiotonic
Well I know the sample size is miniscule but glad to hear that it sounds like Jay Henderson has the ability to contribute off the bench in spots. As a walk-on that is all you can ask. Having great size at 6'4"-6'5" for a guard doesn't hurt either and it sounds like he can shoot.
We will see in these next 4 games if he is consistant

Sounds determined to earn some PT on this UofL squad.

The coincidence of another walk-on named Henderson won't be lost on the U of L community. Tim Henderson etched his name in Cards history with a pair of critical 3-pointers in the 2013 Final Four win against Wichita State and earned a scholarship in his final semester at U of L.

Jay Henderson hopes for the same path, and he does come to Louisville with some pedigree. A Lake Highland Prep product, Henderson had scholarship offers from Florida State, Memphis, Mississippi State, George Mason and Murray State, among others, according to 247Sports.com.

"Right away, I can bring defense," Henderson said. "I take a lot of pride in defense ... I know they like to press a lot. That'll be a big factor for me -- playing defense. Plus, I consider myself a great shooter. I'll be able to stretch the floor out."

Young man looks like a great find for UofL

Reactions: beasleythecard
That one heck of a walk on with those offers. That's a steal getting him on your team without having to use a scholarship
I was thinking the same thing. Yet, he transferred from St. John's where he walked on as well. Not sure what to make of that.

OTOH, Memphis is desperate, and they have a ton of guards.

NewHendo is better than at least 10 players who've held a scholarhip from UofL over the last few years. He'll earn one. He gives us great depth in the backcourt.

Reactions: beasleythecard
ADVERTISEMENT