ADVERTISEMENT

Wake

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Poland doesn't have control of where the pitch is going. There's a base on balls epidemic with UofL baseball and now it has reached the ace starter.

This is why baseball is maddening compared to other sports.

Reactions: PushupMan
This is a very big series for UofL in terms of earning a national seed. Wake Forest is an NCAA tournament team, currently projected as a 3 seed in the Corvallis regional.

Need to be able to scratch out a series win against a great hitting team to put us in the drivers seat for the top 16.

Reactions: TheRealVille
I think McDonnell may need to make another lineup adjustment. Move Humphrey up to #5.

Masterman is struggling and has been leaving too many runners on base batting 5th.

Reactions: Bardman
On the official UL baseball site it says Cards vs. Wake tonight at 11:30 PM. WTF is going on ?

Just didn’t do anything good in game 1. Cannot give a team that hits the ball as good as Wake Forest 12 walks.

I love watching Payton's at bats. The difference between him and some of the other fellas is he lays off that pitch diving out of the zone.

Rubber game DAY! Let's go get this series Cards!
Gonna start calling Kuehner the Renaissance Man. That's the guy we need going forward. Lol

Lohman gets the start. Happy to see the progress of him and Kuehner

Don't see any progress with Lohman. I just will never understand how a pitcher can't throw strikes. I can understand getting hit but the inability to throw the baseball in the strike zone should suggest maybe he shouldn't be a pitcher.

Not just Lohman but any pitcher who gives up more walks than innings pitched.

Well it looks like maybe it's a blister with Lohman in the 2nd inning?

I'm sorry but I just don't understand McDonnell this season with his pitching decisions. It was clear to anyone that Walter should have been pulled before he walked in a run on 4 frigging pitches.

They're definitely much weaker on the road. I think a few guys are wearing down, not having played every game before this season. Masterman was overdue to sit a game and Metzinger needs to sit a game. Same with Bianco.

I don't understand Usher today. Three separate plate appearances with one out and a runner on,he attempted to bunt. Makes no sense.

I would like to see Bode start a game at DH.

Pitching is anybodies guess. Garvan actually pitched pretty good today but for the fluke opposite field home run sending the game into extra innings.

This late in the season, things really matter. Playing 12 then ending the game in a tie due to “travel curfew” is problematic. Thursday, Friday, Saturday games work fine. Seems like an easy fix.

Anyone know why Prosecky did not pitch this weekend?
One of two theories,but there's a stomach bug going around the team. My guess is he's sick. The other less likely but possibility is he's gonna start Tuesday.

This late in the season, things really matter. Playing 12 then ending the game in a tie due to “travel curfew” is problematic. Thursday, Friday, Saturday games work fine. Seems like an easy fix.
Their travel plans had a hard stop in order to get a flight back to Louisville.

Knap probably out a few weeks after what looked like a possible ankle injury last night. Cam benched.
I figured Cam was likely benched. I missed the Knap injury. I watched a lot of game 2. Did the injury happen late?

I figured Cam was likely benched. I missed the Knap injury. I watched a lot of game 2. Did the injury happen late?
Yeah,around the seventh inning. He did it sliding into second base.

What I like is this team can still play better. This is exactly what we were all saying last season as well,but we weren't in the position we are this time around.
Not only are the Cards positioned to crash the Dance,but are still in the hunt for a national seed.
This team has shown a lot of grit getting to this point with one weekend guy solidified. There are some veteran pitchers that will have to lead this thing to the next level to compete for one of those seeds in the next 3 weekends or so. With the pressure of making the field off,it's time to get 🔥

Reactions: Bardman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT