ADVERTISEMENT

Very disappointed. No roster handout, no PA for the defense at all..

Don't mind the PA deal but would have liked a roster. I think the roster handouts is a no brainer! Can't believe someone dropped the ball on this.

Don't have an explanation why, but it's been awhile since they have handed out rosters for this game. I always take one with me from the earlier practices.

You know now for next year!...

Originally posted by BrewCrewCard:
I did' nt think it made much sense to have a baseball game going on about the same time.
Gee,I was thinking the same thing while at the baseball game trying to figure out who all the new faces were jamming up my dollar beer lines.
wink.r191677.gif

We can walk and chew gum in All Sports now. So bring on FB, Baseball & Tennis. This is a Big Boy & Girl All University Sports Program.

Great to be back for a little FB Fun Time. I think the No. 1 O can beat the No. 2 D. Beer and Pork Sandwich good too.

For you others, the real games start in Atlanta.

I think it was 59-0.

I saw most of the Spring practices. And this game differed very little from those practice results, IMO, as far as which players stood out and which did not. And that's with respect to the quality of offensive and defensive guys on the other side of the ball at each snap.

So, you can review the various comments that have been made throughout Spring practice and have a pretty good indicator of this "game"...

There were a few pretty good hits but other than that is was, like most spring games, set up to allow the 1's to succeed and build confidence headed into the summer. Plus its a great measuring stick for the 2's on how much they still need to learn and work. Send the 2's vs the 2's and your breeding overconfidence from young players who think they arrived.

Originally posted by had1- 2manyCardfan:
There were a few pretty good hits but other than that is was, like most spring games, set up to allow the 1's to succeed and build confidence headed into the summer. Plus its a great measuring stick for the 2's on how much they still need to learn and work. Send the 2's vs the 2's and your breeding overconfidence from young players who think they arrived.I can't understand how that works... If overconfidence in general is to be avoided, doesn't scrimmaging ones vs. twos make that a lot more difficult? The ones sure didn't look too challenged on Friday nite.

I'm asking for some convincing that the ones need to have their confidence built up while the twos need to have theirs put in check. We don't have a bunch of young, 5-star hot shots on our football roster. Instinctively, if I had to guess, it would be 180 degrees the opposite...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT