ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas tabs Louisville baseball as CWS favorite

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
From Bovada, Louisville is the 4-1 favorite...and UC Santa Barbara is the last place 100-1 wager. I like those odds.

Odds to win 2016 Men's College World Series

Louisville 4/1
Miami Florida 9/2
Florida 5/1
Texas A&M 11/2
Mississippi State 8/1
LSU 11/1
Texas Tech 12/1
South Carolina 15/1
TCU 15/1
Oklahoma State 22/1
Coastal Carolina 25/1
Florida State 25/1
Arizona 30/1
Boston College 50/1
East Carolina 50/1
UC Santa Barbara 100/1

I only meant I would rather have not been the favorite,but i can see why we are after last night.I worry,like I do,about the David-Goliath this weekend with the longest shot on the board coming in.

It won't be a problem if there's still something to prove by this team.

I only meant I would rather have not been the favorite,but i can see why we are after last night.I worry,like I do,about the David-Goliath this weekend with the longest shot on the board coming in.

It won't be a problem if there's still something to prove by this team.

It's a fair concern IMO. A lot of possible distractions right now for this team that UCSB doesn't have. We have players being drafted, the spotlight of the odds on favorite, not to mention the worldwide spotlight on Louisville for the Muhammad Ali funeral and services. Hell...I'M distracted by it all. Hopefully, Coach McDonnell has their full focus and attention, and we have a healthy respect for UCSB.Go Cards!!!

Reactions: earsky
We are approaching what the entire season is really all about. Coach Mac has the virtue of the bitter loss last season to Cal State Fullerton recirculating in the minds of our players, and the pain of that event. The focus for this entire season was not just getting to Omaha, but in doing serious damage there. This is halftime. All the accolades for our first rounders can fly all over, the team's historical position debated.............none of that sht matters. We'll be fine, we just need to take care of business and break some California hearts. That is what our players are seeing right now - nothing more.

Reactions: earsky
Just hope everyone understands what those odds mean... We play the Sweet 16 five times with this same line-up of teams, we win it all one time on average. Or there's an 80% chance we're gonna "lose" it.

If Coach is explaining that to our guys, they shouldn't get the big head...

Reactions: Senore2006
You shut your pie hole, you depressing man. :)
:D After today, folks probably understand a little better what 4-1 odds mean.

That guy was their best starter by far, and there's not much difference between our starters. I like our chances to be playing on Monday...

Reactions: fredburgcard
:D After today, folks probably understand a little better what 4-1 odds mean.

That guy was their best starter by far, and there's not much difference between our starters. I like our chances to be playing on Monday...
LOL, I actually appreciated the way the Gauchos went about their business. They let us cut our own throats, which is the way underdog teams in baseball playoffs win. Use your #1 pitcher, get a gem out of him and you've already stolen a game.

Games 2 and especially Game 3, pile up the innings by numerous arms and try to hold the favorite to just a couple runs, stay close and let the pressure return and wait for the mistakes. Game 3 could let you bring back the Game 1 hurler for an inning or a batter or two, then the closer goes for 3-4 innings. You need 4 quality innings out of a starter - no more.

Cards have to score early and often today. If this game is 2 to 2 in the 6th inning the pressure will be huge. It's not just the pressure of not making the world series but to lose as the favorite against a team they are so much more talented than. And at home where we were 36-1.

Pressure in baseball is much more difficult than basketball or football because the game is so slow. So much time to be thinking about the wrong stuff, effecting your at bats and your fielding. The Cards need to take a 5 or 6 run lead and the pressure will subside.

I'd like to bet 2 across the board on UC Santa Barbara.100-1, Geez.

Vegas had it pegged pretty well. No one has a great chance, our chances were simply highest.

Biggest guppy in the pond...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT