ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas Odds for Next Coach

Bring on the Havoc Defense and Shaka Smart. I have been saying his name for several years. Let's have an interim coach for a year and then go full in on him. He can recruit, has an exciting style of ball, and would win a few championships with the resources he would have at his disposal.

He hasn't been past the first weekend of the tournament since 2011.

Thad Motta was mentioned on ESPN, as a possible short term coach, he has been to a couple of FF's. He was most of the time in the NCAA tournament, do not know why he was let go at OSU.

You guys better find out how much $$$ this new Sheriff is going to allow for a lowly Athletic Dept employee before you start wishing and hoping.

Postal in NOT athletic friendly.

Thad Motta was mentioned on ESPN, as a possible short term coach, he has been to a couple of FF's. He was most of the time in the NCAA tournament, do not know why he was let go at OSU.
Thad Matta would be a great hire.

Excellent coach with a clean record who also wouldn't be a guy to demand the spotlight during the rebuild.

Considering the firing, I wouldn't count on anyone from the Pitino coaching tree coming here anytime soon....

Thad Matta would be a great hire.

Excellent coach with a clean record who also wouldn't be a guy to demand the spotlight during the rebuild.

Uh. He's not an excellent coach. He is an average game coach. With the issues UL is gonna have they need a coach, not a recruiter. Matta would be a horrible decision.

I vote for Crean. Lol.

I think that Scott Davenport loves it at Bellarmine. Being a Bellarmine grad I would love to see him coach at Bellarmine for many more years.

Prohm would be a good hire guys. I don't know why everyone thinks we are above him. You have to take a chance on a young guy every now and then. The fact that people think we can have NBA coaches come back is absurd. Only fired NBA coaches would even consider it and I'd take a chance on Prohm before a proven failure takes over the program.
We took a chance on a young guy named Denny Crum. That worked out pretty well.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
You guys better find out how much $$$ this new Sheriff is going to allow for a lowly Athletic Dept employee before you start wishing and hoping.

Postal in NOT athletic friendly.

That is the wild card in all this mess. I have little confidence in Postel and less in the BOT. Our heavy hitting Alums better be prepared to pressure Postel if he gets screwy with the Athletics. He mentioned the University and staff today, but no mention of alumni or fans. Not sure what to expect.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
We took a chance on a young guy named Denny Crum. That worked out pretty well.
I think Denny's situation was different. After hearing Bill Walton talk about it, I think everyone assumed Denny would be Wooden's successor. Wooden wasn't ready to retire and Crum was eager to start his career. The rest we say is history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT