ADVERTISEMENT

Up to 29th in recruiting, much better

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
thankfully CJB is dominating the transfer portal, we're up to 29th in overall rankings (59th in HS recruiting and 4th in transfer portal = 29th overall). i rescind all previous posts about his recruiting efforts, i guess i was just seeing the non-transfer portal included list, hs and juco list only before. my apologies.

The end-state math of this confounds me. I suppose the G5 and lower P4 teams end up developing players. And the higher P4 buy the developed players and plug them in.

Don't know what happens to HS recruits. I guess they mostly start out at G5 and lower P4.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
These rankings are a joke imo. They come to Louisville and get downgraded, they go to the SEC and get upgraded. What matters is results on the field anyway so Go Cards!

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
In the past High School team rankings mattered within each conference. How high the class was rated within the conference was a good indicator where that team would finish. It was like clock work.

Now the portal and retaining players is the key. I will start looking at it differently

1) Who did you lose and who did you bring in. Did the roster as a whole improve? This is a much better roster than last year.
2) Who did you retain? The defense has lost 1 key player to the draft not portal. Big deal.
3) High school retention-success rate.

Louisville is going to have smaller higher school classes because of number 3.

In the past High School team rankings mattered within each conference. How high the class was rated within the conference was a good indicator where that team would finish. It was like clock work.

Now the portal and retaining players is the key. I will start looking at it differently

1) Who did you lose and who did you bring in. Did the roster as a whole improve? This is a much better roster than last year.
2) Who did you retain? The defense has lost 1 key player to the draft not portal. Big deal.
3) High school retention-success rate.

Louisville is going to have smaller higher school classes because of number 3.
Based on your conclusion, then UK will become the default option for Kentucky (and Louisville) HS players.

Based on your conclusion, then UK will become the default option for Kentucky (and Louisville) HS players.
Not sure how you came up with that from the post. Kentucky doesn’t produce that much D1 / P5 talent year in and year out. Despite that, Brohm has shown the ability to identify and sign a good portion of those players while he was at purdoo. You would imagine that trend would only increase with him at UofL and, being successful.

Reactions: Smithereen
Not sure how you came up with that from the post. Kentucky doesn’t produce that much D1 / P5 talent year in and year out. Despite that, Brohm has shown the ability to identify and sign a good portion of those players while he was at purdoo. You would imagine that trend would only increase with him at UofL and, being successful.
We will all see next 2 or 3 recruiting/transfer seasons. We are in a period of intense change in all college athletics. I don't think any of us knows where this will all settle out. I think Jeff has taken a quite appropriate approach for UofL at this time. But if reliance continues to the extent it has for the longer term then I think HS recruiting may be sacrificed.

I agree Guardman; none of us can know where this is going, or where it will end up. Right now I much prefer the route that Jeff is going, and if there are no restraints on the Portal and NIL; schools like UL have every opportunity to rise into the NC conversation. This may be more optimism on my part than reality, but if Jeff and UL can sustain this same level of success with the Portal, it is quite possible that our attraction to the 4 & 5 Star HS seniors will increase.

Reactions: Cap'n Jim
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT