ADVERTISEMENT

UofL Non-Conference Schedule

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
(so far)

LOUISVILLE'S NONCONFERENCE SCHEDULE

Nov. 9 - Kentucky Wesleyan (exh.)

Nov. 13 - Samford

Nov. 14-24 - Columbia, Hartford, opponent TBA (Brooklyn Hoops Classic)

Nov. 27 - Saint Louis (Barclays Center, Brooklyn)

Dec. 2 - at Michigan State (Big Ten/ACC Challenge)

Dec. 5 - Grand Canyon

Dec. 12 - Eastern Michigan

Dec. 16 - Kennesaw State

Dec. 22 - UMKC (Billy Minardi Classic)

Dec. 23 - Utah Valley (Billy Minardi Classic)

Dec. 26 - at Kentucky

Contracted but no game date: Western Kentucky

Should be easy pickins again this year to score cheap tix to a November or December home game. Ms. Z. and I enjoy those games. Easy ingress and egress and sit almost wherever you want...

Too bad the ACC/Big 10 Challenge and the Uk game are both @Home and Away on the same years, with this year having both as away games. It would give the home fans at least one more big name on the OOC schedule.

Looks brutal. I think the Cards will handle it well.

It's not too bad considering the tough ACC Conference schedule they'll have to deal with. St. Louis, Michigan St., WKU, and Uk in the OOC is not great but I can understand why it's like that. As fans you want to see big games often, but why make your OOC brutal when the Conference schedule already is?

Last edited:
It's not too bad considering the tough ACC Conference schedule they'll have to deal with. St. Louis, Michigan St., WKU, and Uk in the OOC is not great but I can understand why it's like that. As fans you want to see big games often, but why make your OOC brutal when the Conference schedule already is?

St Louis and WKU will be very tough games.

St Louis and WKU will be very tough games.
It's a horrible early season schedule. I think, somehow, things got out of hand in the paranoia surrounding our essentially new team inside the scheduling department.

Granted, home and homes with Duke, Virginia and Pitt, and the remaining UNC's and NC States will provide plenty of SOS strength in the last analysis but I have to fear we have provided a dog's breakfast for fans who buy the tickets.

Except for the LPT, the Big Ten challenge, and the neutral site games, 95% of the OOC games on our basketball schedules for the foreseeable future will be rinky dinks (or sound like rinky dinks). That's because 95% of them will need to be home games--games scheduled here with no return game guarantee. And that's in order to get 20+/- home games every year, events that are critically needed to help fund the arena.

If I counted correctly yesterday, there are 2 exhibitions, 10 nonconference home games, and 9 ACC games. That's a total of 21 games, and those games must be scheduled in Louisville, financially speaking.

All of this stuff about a young team needing to develop in the early season is just a smokescreen. Regardless of how good our team is expected to be, we will have this type of home OOC schedule for a long time to come...

I fear your are correct, Zipp. I also fear that it's a pretty terribly mistaken perspective. Playing great teams home or away give cachet to the program in more universal, if less utilitarian ways. There is always merit in exploding your brand in gear sales and general notoriety - all of which help recruiting and fan involvement. Denny got national attention with his home and aways with UCLA - it was a gift still giving.

Yikes, be careful. You're giving credence to the SEC football scheduling with comments like this one.

"JC, wanna bet whose SOS is tougher at years end?"

...too early to tell....haven't really seen how the other SEC teams aside from LSU and Miss St have done in recruiting.

No more doubtful then uk with the coach they got ( who's stated goal is to send players to the NBA, not win championships ). Like I said I expect LSU to win the SEC basketball championship this coming season. Damn you're the typical blue hole, I posted exactly what I meant to post !

It is an opportunity to go to some games get a buzz, focus on the dance team, all the surroundings... and hope nobody gets hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT