ADVERTISEMENT

UK...Serious O-Linemen recruits 3 4-Stars....

One if from Lexington, one is from Versailles. No surprise there. The other is a JC from Kansas. Nice offer sheet and good pickup for the cats.

Yeah, LPT doesn't and will never realize it. But highly rated kids from out in the State are wildcards.

And the best JUCO O-lineman in the country is another wildcard. Still a juco.

Not to mention, these guys get LPT's in-game coaching.

LPT Football: Always asterisks...

I'm sure the two KY kids are quality players. They just don't line up against anybody on Friday nights. I'm sure they have been raised on the Blue Koolaid their entire life. Good luck trying to turn the program around. Many other KY kids have come before you with the same dream, just to take a back seat to your basketball program. Party on!

I know stars don't matter, but if our OL recruits had 4 stars next to their names, the hype on this board and local sports radio would be off the charts.

There going to sUcK it doesn't matter how good they are they will never be heard from again.

I know stars don't matter, but if our OL recruits had 4 stars next to their names, the hype on this board and local sports radio would be off the charts.
Stars do matter. But rural kids in KY are consistently overrated. That's not opinion--it's experience...

Reactions: im2fast4u06
Stars do matter. But rural kids in KY are consistently overrated. That's not opinion--it's experience...
Couldn't agree more. They are big ole country boys that fit right in with that BBN culture. Have a nice college experience.

That's probably true just because it's the way any fan reacts, but the cold hard truth is this. A 4 star rating from a state that produces only a hand full of top D1 talent compared to a 4 star, or even a 3 star recruit from a state that produces hundreds is info one must digest properly.

It's all subjective in the first place, but again, it's a whole lot easier to get hyped when you don't play against top competition each night out. A 4 star from Kentucky is not the same as a 3 or 4 star from Florida, Georgia, or Texas IMO. Purely opinion and 100% subjective.

Jackson and Young aren't rivals 250 Army All-Americans because they punk rural KY kids. They are because they punked 4-5 star kids at the Rivals 5 star challenge and the Opening

Jackson and Young aren't rivals 250 Army All-Americans because they punk rural KY kids. They are because they punked 4-5 star kids at the Rivals 5 star challenge and the Opening
Louisville's own James Quick was the All Star of that game and has had his issues at U of L.

So your point would be?

LPT Football: Our KY kids aren't overrated--they're under-coached...

Louisville's own James Quick was the All Star of that game and has had his issues at U of L.

So your point would be?

LPT Football: Our KY kids aren't overrated--they're under-coached...

Quick should never have been an outside receiver I put a lot of that on the coaches. I think he'll live up to his ranking in the slot where he should've always been

Yeah, LPT doesn't and will never realize it. But highly rated kids from out in the State are wildcards.

And the best JUCO O-lineman in the country is another wildcard. Still a juco.

Not to mention, these guys get LPT's in-game coaching.

LPT Football: Always asterisks...
Both programs have plenty of examples of 4* busts and 2* over-achievers and recent years should make us all aware that you can't really count on any of these kids until they're on campus. Having said that it, I find it hard to believe that you would have turned down any of these guys.

Both programs have plenty of examples of 4* busts and 2* over-achievers and recent years should make us all aware that you can't really count on any of these kids until they're on campus. Having said that it, I find it hard to believe that you would have turned down any of these guys.
You can always find examples each way. That's why you look at ALL of the data.

Damn few of LPT's higher rated in-state recruits have been successful in the last 15 or so years (when Rivals data are available). Most turn out just OK or worse.

If you'd like, I'll find and link the complete list again.

LPT Football: Seeing it once was enough...

You have to remember that UK is always bigger, faster and strong ever summer, then comes rekatity when football season stars and they go to the Toilet Bowl! :rolleyes:

You can always find examples each way. That's why you look at ALL of the data.

Damn few of LPT's higher rated in-state recruits have been successful in the last 15 or so years (when Rivals data are available). Most turn out just OK or worse.

If you'd like, I'll find and link the complete list again.

LPT Football: Seeing it once was enough...

LOL Zipp, no matter who they signed with I would imagine that any list of highly ranked players out of the state of KY over the past 15 years is a rather short one . Regardless, other than your belief that any player who signs with KY must be over-rated and any UL signee is surely under-rated, I find it hard to believe that you would have turned these players down

Wow, I bet CBP would relish to have those on the list too. How is Stoops pulling this off, I mean this is UK for pete-sake!
That's easy and I think Jack Coffee and Easy Card hammered that home the other day. Basically UK players ratings are higher because they have a high subscription rate to these recruiting services. Said services have to cater to those bases to keep them happy and coming back. Trust me, these guys don't worry me at all. They will prove to be overrated and we will never hear of them again. Just know, they are over ranked for a reason.

That's easy and I think Jack Coffee and Easy Card hammered that home the other day. Basically UK players ratings are higher because they have a high subscription rate to these recruiting services. Said services have to cater to those bases to keep them happy and coming back. Trust me, these guys don't worry me at all. They will prove to be overrated and we will never hear of them again. Just know, they are over ranked for a reason.

Somebody needs to tell that to 24/7. Russ Yeast was a 4* and after committing he was dropped to a 3*. Hmm.....

I trust the coaches judgement over any rating service.

I trust the coaches judgement over any rating service.

Yep. And I trust the coach's that coach at Alabama and Ohio state, etc. Because all three of the 4 star Oline players we are talking about had offers from BAMA and other top schools. Couple that with the Oline recruit that just transfered from Ohio St (that also had BAMA offer out of h.s.) and UK will have a major influx of recognized talent on their Oline in the next couple years.

Spin it however you want, bottom line is UL would LOVE to have this type of Oline talent coming in verses lightly recruited Jucos and lightly recruited high schoolers.

It all starts up front as I think UL'S offense will become painfully aware of this year. JMO

I think it is apparent that the UofL coaching staff has had far more success at "coaching up" kids than have the uselessakay coaching staff.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

LOL Zipp, no matter who they signed with I would imagine that any list of highly ranked players out of the state of KY over the past 15 years is a rather short one . Regardless, other than your belief that any player who signs with KY must be over-rated and any UL signee is surely under-rated, I find it hard to believe that you would have turned these players down
I don't know how long a "short" list is, but LPT's list is more than I can count on both hands.

And there's only two reasons the blue chip KY kids haven't been successful at LPT. But you're not gonna like the other explanation any better...

They were either overrated coming in, or the LPT football program put 'em in the dumpster.

LPT Football: We already knew the other reason...

I think it is apparent that the UofL coaching staff has had far more success at "coaching up" kids than have the uselessakay coaching staff.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

The UL coaching staff you speak of beyond Petrino has been there ONE year. And your Oline results fromlast year, with 3 seniors in NFL camps now, was underwhelming.

Broad historical statements about ability to "coach up" aside, it's wishful thinking to say, you'd rather have your Jucos and other Oline recruits that haven't transferred with yoir coaches over our 4 4 star players that BAMA wanted and our coaches

Last edited by a moderator:
It all starts up front as I think UL'S offense will become painfully aware of this year. JMO

Look @ this warning. A lecture! FYI it all starts up front!

If anybody knows what a suck ass offense looks like it would be you.

Come back when your team finishes a season in the poll. Play that game with me and I'll be seeing you at about never thirty.

The UL coaching staff you speak of beyond Petrino has been there ONE year. And your Oline results fromlast year, with 3 seniors in NFL camps now, was underwhelming.

Broad historical statements about ability to "coach up" aside, it's wishful thinking to say, you'd rather have your Jucos and other Oline recruits that haven't transferred with yoir coaches over our 4 4 star players that BAMA wanted and our coaches
UofL's need for Juco's at this time is do to the loss of several kids either not making it to campus or transfering out with the coaching change. CCS did not recruit well up front and Klenakis vs Borberly is night and day. They have a number of young talented Olinemen that redshirted and that came in for this year. They will be developed into this system under a coach, Klenakis, that has a proven record of developing linemen for the next level and I have no doubt, will be a strength moving forward.

It will be years before these young men make a difference for anyone. I hope against hope that uk trots out freshman lineman against Louisville. Four star recruits are all well and good but until the talent is developed stars mean squat. What many here forget is uk must play a season in the SEC before facing Louisville. By the time they line up against Louisville the SEC will have the cats softened up. It's been that way since Bear Bryant was at uk, I don't see anything with this staff, aside from their ability to sell if and buts to a bunch of gullible high school kids, that makes me think the culture at uk has changed. Every time that program has had an opportunity to step forward they have failed. Until they do, I don't worry about a couple of pimple faced kids from nowhere kentucky.
CJ

Reactions: mwatson61
UofL's need for Juco's at this time is do to the loss of several kids either not making it to campus or transfering out with the coaching change. CCS did not recruit well up front and Klenakis vs Borberly is night and day. They have a number of young talented Olinemen that redshirted and that came in for this year. They will be developed into this system under a coach, Klenakis, that has a proven record of developing linemen for the next level and I have no doubt, will be a strength moving forward.

moving forward is a broad term. Do you really think it will be a strength this year compared to last year? I'm sure it will be a strength again at some point(perhaps as early as next year) but I think you would agree that it would be a surprise if this years line is better or even as good as last years. it could happen but you know as well as i do that very good or even good Olines aren't typically built with Juco's and RS Freshmen or true Freshman.

And the point of my comments in this thread revolve around the fact UK is bringing in 4 highly rated OLinemen that BAMA wanted...Undercut that all you want but you know you would take those guys is a heartbeat regardless of the BS rationalizations

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT