ADVERTISEMENT

UK 37 UL 21

Feel just the opposite for a couple reasons... This is Petrino YEAR TWO. We have an issue with the offense, and we have the best offensive mind in the biz. Not us saying this--everyone but LPT fans.

Also, I'm not too sure about FSU and Clemson... If those teams aren't as good as they were last year, what does that mean for us?

This season could be interesting...
For once I agree with Zipp, I have not seen anything since the spring game but I just get a feeling the offense is going to be much more organized than last year. I thought Reggie looked great in the spring. Lord I remember year 2 with Petrino the first time and we started blasting teams, just annihilating them, leaving them no chance. We waxed UK 28-0 that year, and only lost to Miami by a field goal in the Orange Bowl. That was the 70-7 destruction of Cincinnati, and that was the most fun I have ever had at a football game. I am hoping for a repeat. The "new" excuses and the "I didnt know" excuses are all gone this year, Bobby will drop the hammer and the kids will practice like never before. I think Reggie is ready, but more than that I think this team will be ready.

It is rough being the last game of the season. You have to factor how many of our players will be injured due to touchdown celebrations. :confused:

The new sports grass at commonwealth might help prevent some of those endzone celebration injuries. But just getting into the endzone against our defense will be tough sledding this year so sideline celebration injuries might be the new jam for the cats.

Bobby already said the practices are going at a very high pace and he has been impressed with Reggie. Our RBs are very good and we have a lot of weapons at WR that are waiting to break out. I expect Quick to live up to his hype this year. If the O-line comes together quickly, we will have a very good year. Bobby's offense in year 2 is ALWAYS good. Our defense will be tough. I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say our defense will be easily top 10 again and potentially top 5 in the nation. That's not being overconfident. We have a top nothc front 7. Our secondary has some highly skilled guys and a couple already worked under Grantham at UGA before coming here.

I have no reason to doubt our team knowing what we have and who's in charge. I also see no reason to think uk will even stand a chance against us. 4 losses in a row to us and Bobby in year 2 and pissed off at the cats for their behavior last season.....I'm expecting a beat down and a lot of blue fur flying.

Reactions: zgrasshopper
Why do you think this Ipartied? other than playing at home, what has changed? They played us close on the scoreboard but I don't see us giving them all of those free points two years in a row. Kentucky is better than they were but imo Petrino >>>> Stoops. Jmho

I am concerned about our suspect O line. By the time the UK game rolls around we may have developed a couple WRs and the new faces on D would/should have gelled.

The main concern I have is how the team responds to adversity.

Everyone points to Aub/Clem/FSU as key games, and I'm not saying we won't win any of those 3, but I am not expecting a win out of that group. The other problem is NC St on the road is sandwiched right in the middle of all that. They almost got us last year @ our house and they are getting better.

2-4 just would not be stunning after the first six, and that would make that BC home game critical.

So it comes down to how we would respond to the potential/likely # of losses we're not accustommed to having that makes me feel that last game of the year could be a lot closer than some of us want it.

I'm not trying to make our ceiling the floor - the concern is out of respect for our new schedule and the teams on it.

Reactions: Steelers2012
Placing bets with strangers on the Internet seems like a can't-win situation, but that's just me.

LoL! You may be right, I've had mixed experiences. Some have paid up, some have disappeared. Since most of my bets are with UK posters, I have started insisting that the money be put up front and held by a UK mod I trust because he and I have had wagers in the past that he honorably paid up. We'll see how that goes.

Lefors' QB rating jumped from 145.5 in 2003 to 181.7 in 2004. For reference, the QB ratings last year were Bolin 144.0, Gardner 136.1, and Bonnafon 118.4. Also consider the SOS in those numbers and comparisons.

If our guys just get to 150-160 under Petrino next year, look out...

It all starts in the trenches and the O-line is mainly juniors with some red shirt freshmen thrown in there...
I also looked at the preseason depth charts for 2003 and 2004 along the O-Line. For 2004, Renardo Foster replaced Jason Hilliard at one tackle position. Travis Leffew came back at the other tackle.

Will Rabatin replaced Dan Koons at center.

Jason Spitz came back at one guard spot. Kurt Quarterman replaced Jerry Spencer at the other.

Both tight ends getting most of the PT--Richard Owens and Ronnie Ghent--graduated in 2003.

It's true that most of the guys stepping into O-Line starting jobs in 2004 were on the roster in 2003. But that same thing can be said about many of our guys this coming year.

What many of us fail to consider is that roster turnover happens everywhere and to everyone at points in time. Again, I think it's key that we have Petrino making these adjustments.

LPT Football: And we don't...

What happened to Gardener? Is he expected to be able to come back from his injury and play again?

It's my understanding from reports last week that the only thing Gardner is not doing in drills right now is throwing on the run. Petrino has quoted Gardner as saying he feels better now than before the injury.

I hope so. It seemed like the lights were turning on for Will when he got hurt. It's hard for me to believe though, this is the third injury to the same knee.

The most recent injury/surgery was on his left knee. The previous two were on his right knee. I think he is competing with Michael Lee Harris for the most injuries and returns to the team. :(

With Petrino at the helm I never worry about beating UK in football. He hates them as much as the fans do.

Just Wow at the OP...Now Kentucky has much better Overall Talent then they had in the past and they have the talent to win up to 7 Games but a Double Digit win over Louisville just ain't happening IMO.

Let just say I am confident in a 5th Straight Win but would not be shocked if Kentucky snap our streak

Just Wow at the OP...Now Kentucky has much better Overall Talent then they had in the past and they have the talent to win up to 7 Games but a Double Digit win over Louisville just ain't happening IMO.

Let just say I am confident in a 5th Straight Win but would not be shocked if Kentucky snap our streak
PE keep up that stance over on their board so you don't get banned like the rest of us. LOL.

PE keep up that stance over on their board so you don't get banned like the rest of us. LOL.

You got banned....just wow...that is how I feel about the Two Teams...Talent wise they are much improved from 2010...they just don't know how to win yet and we have the advantage on the Sidelines with Petrino

You got banned....just wow...that is how I feel about the Two Teams...Talent wise they are much improved from 2010...they just don't know how to win yet and we have the advantage on the Sidelines with Petrino
Yeah it's pretty pathetic over there. I really have no idea what I said that was so offensive other than calling out jauk.

I once took a temp ban there once for addressing Jauk myself. It happens.
The funny thing, I was banned a few years ago for no reason but at least I could still read threads. With this new system, it won't even allow me to open the page and read. I miss my comic relief!

The funny thing, I was banned a few years ago for no reason but at least I could still read threads. With this new system, it won't even allow me to open the page and read. I miss my comic relief!

Really? I didn't know that. Does the new system tell you if you have a permaban or a temp ban?

Yeah it's pretty pathetic over there. I really have no idea what I said that was so offensive other than calling out jauk.
I got banned over there and didn't call out anyone. Sent a message to the Mods for an explanation and didn't receive any response.

Lost any credibility with this statement. Do your freaking homework. We will be just fine. And good luck scoring 37. Too funny.
Yall lost a lot of WRs. And your defense is not impressive. Y'all might score more than 21,on us. But UL does not scare me at all. Can not wait.

ACC coaches on Louisville...good luck scoring 37 Offensive Points against DeVonte Fields, Josh Harvey-Clemons, Keith Kelsey, James Burgess, Sheldon Rankins and DeAngelo Brown

athlonsports.com/college-football/acc-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2015

You will eat them words.

Will do whatever we like vs your D
Is it true that Towles' QB rating the last six games of last season was less than 100?

No wonder there's offensive swag.

LPT Football: And we have enhanced wifi access...

You will eat them words.

Will do whatever we like vs your D

You must be confused.....you are not a Georgia Bulldog.- Stonewall, not to be confused with just 'Stoned'. uk will like to score at all, much less score 37. See ya in November....if ya are still around by then.o_O

Is it true that Towles' QB rating the last six games of last season was less than 100?

No wonder there's offensive swag.

LPT Football: And we have enhanced wifi access...

Towels is better than the QB y'all have. Our line has improved and will show this year.

Towels is better than the QB y'all have. Our line has improved and will show this year.

Pure 2014 QB stats for Towles and each potential UofL starting QB (those with stats as a UofL starter):

Towles (12 games)
QB rating: 122.8
Completion %: 57,4
TDs: 20 (14 passing, 6 rushing)
Ints: 9
Sacks: 36

Bonnafon (9 appearances)
QB rating: 118.4
Completion %: 50.8
TDs: 10 (5 passing, 5 rushing)
Ints: 4

Gardner (8 appearances)
QB rating: 136.1
Completion %: 57.5
TDs: 12
Ints: 3
Sacks: 13

Bolin (4 appearances)
QB rating: 144.0
Completion %: 57.7
TDs: 4
Ints: 3

For the inevitable question, DeVonte Parker caught 5 of the team total 21 TD passes.

Towles will be lucky to make it through the SEC grind. I hope we get to see an inexperienced punk Drew Barker, but more likely it is some unknown walk on by the end of November. Kentucky doesn't have the depth...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT