ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Sept. 5th

I've heard that so far Auburn has sold approx. 29,000 of its 31,000 allotment and Louisville has sold 27,000. Should be a big and balanced crowd. If you're an Auburn fan with any juice in the football program, try to get your guys to take it easy on us. I've always enjoyed watching Gus Malzahn's offense at Auburn; just don't want to see it putting points up on us.

We have four going, but I'm not sure if my guy got them from the UofL ticket office, so to speak.

So, atleast, there's four that may not have been counted..

Auburn will be a stout first opponent especially when you consider the Cardinals have to replace 10 or 11 players who now play on Sundays.

This year we will know if the Cardinals are a program that rebuilds or reloads. A lot of questions will be answered on September 5th, 2015.

Reactions: beasleythecard
should be a great game..most AU peeps bought through UL months ago assuming we would never have tickets made public as that is typical when playing in ATL...as it stands I have tickets in the UL section and looking forward to meeting some of you guys. How does your offense look early on because it will take at least 5-6 games to get our D at a Muschamp level of play so I expect you to score some points with Petrino

Wow, that sucks, we will not have anyone there. Most? Laughable.
The majority of tickets purchased through ul were only offered to season ticket holders initially. I am sure Auburn boosters all decided to sit in ul's section and not support their program. I am also sure this Auburn poster knows pretty much every Auburn fan who has already purchased their ticket and where they purchased them.If anything, UL fans have learned from bowl games to check out what is available online due to the way tickets are distributed to teams in bowl games.This will be a great split crowd which make for the best atmospheres in college sports.

Reactions: vegasville1
I agree noggin, especially about how U of L initially sold our tickets, but Auburn will certainly have more fans because of the location. It is less than 2 hours from campus and is right in the middle of their primary fan base area. However, saying most AU fans bought through U of L is ricoculous. Define most. Most of the fan base? That means we bought none. Most of the AU fans going to the game? That still means we bought none because whatever that number is, it has to be way higher than the 29,000 AU already sold. We will have a LOT of people there, just like NOLA, but AU will outnumber us.

Reactions: vegasville1
I know a few Auburn fans that got tickets through UL. Auburn is one of those teams that bring a huge crowd to away games . I don't know why you would take it personally if they did go through UL to get the tickets.

I know a few Auburn fans that got tickets through UL. Auburn is one of those teams that bring a huge crowd to away games . I don't know why you would take it personally if they did go through UL to get the tickets.

No one took that personally. We just made a point that someone saying MOST Auburn fans got their tickets through U of L is incredibly wrong. It did not happen.

Well expect the ratio close to 65-35/, 60/40 probably. I bought 8 tickets in the UL section once an AU message board posted a link to your ticket site. I have no doubt you guys will have a very large contingent of 25K plus...A number of AU fans had a reason to do so as tickets rarely make it to the public hands for any of our neutral sight games. A lot of AU fans that aren't TUF members were under the impression that AU wouldn't have any left after the doners and TUF members placed their orders so they got face value seats from the opposition. It's not the first time I've heard of AU fans doing this. We outnumbered Mizzou and USCE 80/20 in 2010 and 2013

Last edited:
If you got tickets through the CARDS ticket office, you had to use you account number. The reason: They use your priority point for seating choice. So no, no AU fans used our site to get their tickets.

I would be interested in seeing a your tickets. If you have 8 simply take a quick pic and post it here. You can cover any pertinent info on them. I want to see proof. Not that I don't believe some random internet user on a free public forum. You could be a French model for all I know.

Most here know how our ticket office operates. These tickets were only available to season ticket holders through your season ticket account. No season ticket account, no tickets through UofL. Since we have had a considerable waiting list for season tickets for years, it would be nearly impossible for any single fan from any school to get 2 tickets less lone 8.

I wont be surprised if Auburn fans outnumber us in Atlanta by a couple of thousand. I'm just curious if they will stick around or leave at halftime like the last Muschamp coached team we played. Fair warning to Auburn fans. You're not facing your impotent conference mates to the east. We are coming to phuck up your season.
CJ

I don't think the ticket office limited sales to season ticket holders. They had a 2 for 1 deal that was only available to season ticket holders but I think anyone was allowed to buy tickets. However when they assign the seats the better seats will go to those with the highest CAF number. Those who aren't season ticket holders will not fall into that group.

If you got tickets through the CARDS ticket office, you had to use you account number. The reason: They use your priority point for seating choice. So no, no AU fans used our site to get their tickets.

Yes, after the first offering to season ticket holders it was opened to the public.

The general public had access to your ticket site and no UL has not sent me my tickets yet...but it was posted on every single AU message board that you guys were selling them to the public. I had access to both upper and lower level but I have tickets in section 322 which is in the center of red. Looking forward to it.

The general public had access to your ticket site and no UL has not sent me my tickets yet...but it was posted on every single AU message board that you guys were selling them to the public. I had access to both upper and lower level but I have tickets in section 322 which is in the center of red. Looking forward to it.

Sorry for the general suspicion shown, Aushirvy. As I said, I think this will be our toughest test, and right out of the gate. I don't believe Bobby Petrino has ever lost an opening game, and I hope he can keep that streak alive,

should be a great game..most AU peeps bought through UL months ago assuming we would never have tickets made public as that is typical when playing in ATL...as it stands I have tickets in the UL section and looking forward to meeting some of you guys. How does your offense look early on because it will take at least 5-6 games to get our D at a Muschamp level of play so I expect you to score some points with Petrino

That's good news because it might take our OL that long to jell.
Also, any chance that Muschamp will be promoted to HC. :D

Also JUST found out. That all lower level seats were sold out before they went on sale to the General Public and half of the upper lever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT