ADVERTISEMENT

The turnovers are why we're losing this game

Cue Card

Four-Star Poster
Mar 7, 2011
The team has to take better care of the ball or this is going to get real ugly real fast.

We're shooting well enough to win, but the turnovers have led to 14 Notre Dame points. That's why we're losing by 11 at the half. Eliminate the stupid turnovers and we might have a shot at coming back. Maybe.

I agree.I'm not sure we can guard this team playing man though.

Originally posted by earsky:
I agree.I'm not sure we can guard this team playing man though.
Well playing zone isn't working. I mean 58%? When was the last time you saw a Rick Pitino coached team give up a 58% shooting percentage at the half? That's bananas and it's ALL because of those turnovers and timely 3 pointers by the Irish.

I think it's both.We're getting beat off the dribble at every position.I didn't see a whole lot of zone.

Much of it was when Rozier was trying to play the point. The guy is not a point guard. Maybe he can become one but just like Russ, he thinks score when he has the rock. That's why Gill hasn't seen many minutes. When he was in, Terry played point and he had three TO's in three minutes. Pitino had to bring Q back in.

The last few games, teams have got into our passing lanes knowing we are isolating certain players. Then our transition defense is bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT