SF - 6'7 Adel -- freshman
PF - 6'9 Johnson
C - 7'0 Mahmoud

PG - 5'11 McMahon (if he doesnt redshirt) -- freshman
SG -
SF -
PF - 6'9 Spalding -- freshman
C - 7'0 Stockman

I think Snider is too important to keep off the court. I'd rather see Lewis or Mitchell being the first guy off the bench as a combo guard. Mathiang will be the token starter who gets 15 minutes per game. I expect at LEAST one of the other centers to surpass him.

Snider, Lewis, Lee, Johnson, Mathiang
6th man - Mitchell, who can really provide a defensive spark
Rotation players - Onuaku, Adel, Mahmoud
Stockman, Levitch, Spalding, and McMahon should see limited minutes

Has anyone else heard Stockman's stock is on the rise? [see what I did there]

Snider
Lewis
Lee
Johnson
Mangok

Although Mitchell is the wildcard as to how Rick will approach him. in the past we has really brought freshman along slowly, but Mitchell can be a defensive stopper from day 1 and im sure Rick will like that

Reactions: gocards3889
I look forward to coach Willard helping the big men develop. If our Bigs can get 20-20 total we will contend for a championship.

Snider
Lewis
Lee
Johnson
Mangok

Although Mitchell is the wildcard as to how Rick will approach him. in the past we has really brought freshman along slowly, but Mitchell can be a defensive stopper from day 1 and im sure Rick will like that

I don't see Snider beating out Lewis at PG, Rick and Lewis have both said he will play more of a PG role at Louisville. Mitchell looks like he is ready to go. But if he isn't, Lewis may slide over to SG and Snyder gets the starting PG spot. I don't see any scenario where Lewis and Lee are not both starters on a young Louisville team with a history of poor scoring.

Reactions: cardfan1569
PG- Lewis
SG- Mitchell
SF- Lee
PF- Johnson
C- ???

I don't see Snider beating out Lewis at PG, Rick and Lewis have both said he will play more of a PG role at Louisville. Mitchell looks like he is ready to go. But if he isn't, Lewis may slide over to SG and Snyder gets the starting PG spot. I don't see any scenario where Lewis and Lee are not both starters on a young Louisville team with a history of poor scoring.

I agree but honeslty I would rather see Lewis to 2G, we need his scoring and shooting. To me Snider showed to be a good floor general to get the ball to the players who need it in the right positions.

I agree but honeslty I would rather see Lewis to 2G, we need his scoring and shooting. To me Snider showed to be a good floor general to get the ball to the players who need it in the right positions.

I think Snider will start at PG. After the way Q ended the season I think he has earned it. While I believe Lewis will start at SG I think it will really be more of a 2 point guard set up with BOTH Snider and Lewis bringing the ball up and setting up the offense. Lewis being at the SG position will be in name only IMO.

PG - 6'2 Snider
SG - 6'3 Mitchell -- freshman
SF - 6'6 Lee (Drexel transfer)
PF - 6'10 Onuaku
C - 6'10 Mathiang

PG - 6'2 Lewis (Cleveland St. transfer)
SG - 6'3 Levitch
SF - 6'7 Adel -- freshman
PF - 6'9 Johnson
C - 7'0 Mahmoud

PG - 5'11 McMahon (if he doesnt redshirt) -- freshman
SG -
SF -
PF - 6'9 Spalding -- freshman
C - 7'0 Stockman

Scares me to think of Onuaku and Mathiang on the court at the same time. Also can't see either Mahmoud or Spalding as starters

Last edited:
Lewis (wasn't brought here to sit)
Snyder (if Mitchell plays better defense he could be here)
Lee (wasn't brought here to sit)
Johnson (best option to start hopefully with a full off-season we should see improvement)
Mango (starter in name only probably plays about 10-15 min a game)

Reactions: Cardraven
PG- Lewis
SG- Mitchell
SF- Lee
PF- Mahmoud
C- Mathiang

I think Q will get plenty of playing time, as I expect he will sub for Lewis and Lewis will sub for Mitchell. Sort of 3 starting guards in a way.

Mahmoud and Mathiang both need to get stronger, or this might be too week a 4-5 combo. If so, Onuaku will probably start. I think Mahmoud will start or at least get tons of playing time. I think he is quicker than most 4s, taller than most 4s and many 5s and has a nice touch and can pass. His lone real weakness in my view is strength and I expect that to change significantly over the summer. I think Johnson will get a lot of PT next year also and maybe some as the 3.

Last edited:
Q will start the season at the point because he already knows the system. As the season progresses we will see different rotations based not on scoring but rather on defensive match ups. This is where we will see more of Mitchell and less of Q. The guards will all rotate between the point and shooting guard positions and maybe we play more small ball with three guards in the game to maximize outside shooting.

Q will start the season at the point because he already knows the system.

I agree with everything you said except for this^^^^^^^^. I think it is very possible that Q starts for the reason you stated. But a 5th year transfer shouldn't have to much trouble understanding the concepts and picking up the defense. And when you add in the extra prep time down in Puerto Rico then I can see a scenario where Q doesn't start at either guard spot. Yet plays enough minutes that it doesn't matter.

I don't see Q taking a step back in minutes based on this past season's performance. But I could see him taking a step back if he hasn't improved defensively.

Snider
Lewis
Lee
Johnson
Mathiang

Simple - freshmen don't usually start. Can't have Lewis and Lee coming off the bench. We brought them in for a reason. Mathiang, after being named a team captain and next year's leader, has to be starting, at least at first. His job to lose...

Reactions: pervisl
IMO Snider starts. I also think Lewis and Lee do as well. Mitchell will get plenty of minutes off the bench relieving the three starters. His day in the sun will come in year-two and then he is probably off to the NBA. The front-line is where the mystery lies and where the "make or break" is with this team. If the bigs work in the off season, pound the weights, live at the training table (Anas), and accept the individual instruction we're gonna be damn good.

Reactions: pervisl
I am looking forward to this next season so much. We are going to be so exciting to watch from game one to the final championship game. I just can not wait!!

Reactions: Mayoman
I am looking forward to this next season so much. We are going to be so exciting to watch from game one to the final championship game. I just can not wait!!
The main concern is developing free throw shooting skills. With success at that in the last two years, we likely have two more final fours and another national championship. Priority one!

I say bring Donnovan Mitchell off the bench like Preston Knowles in his junior season. He's going to be the defensive spark that everyone starts calling for at the 16 minute mark.

Snider
Lewis
Lee
Johnson
Mathiang

Simple - freshmen don't usually start. Can't have Lewis and Lee coming off the bench. We brought them in for a reason. Mathiang, after being named a team captain and next year's leader, has to be starting, at least at first. His job to lose...

This seems like it will be the most common starting lineup. I'd imagine there will be a subtle change here or there based on a match up, potential injury o illness, or motivational tactic - the C position is probably the least stable of the 5.

Reactions: jim57
Mitchell looked great at the Derby festival and all year long. Granted this is a big step, but I'll be shocked if he's not starting next year from the get-go. I really like Q., but I think he'll be the 3rd guard though he'll get a LOT of playing time.

Reactions: beasleythecard
I'm going with two new guys, Snider, Onuaku, and yes my man and super improved Anus Mahmoud.

I think Mahmoud will start too, but I think Mathiang has superior skills. However, he has to get stronger to start ahead of Onuaku. Mathiang gets pushed around by bulkier, stronger players but I think Mathiang has better moves, can shoot better and passes better.

Both Mathaing and Onuaku need to do a better job guarding the ball and not losing it in traffic.

The wild card is the big Norwegian (? - can't remember his name). The fact that he got almost NO pt this year though leads me to believe he may not ever contribute. I hope I'm wrong.

Mahmoud is easily the most skilled of the 4 centers, and has the best defensive timing. If he can bulk up to play the 5 or improve foot speed to guard 4's, he can be our best post player next year.

Mahmoud is easily the most skilled of the 4 centers, and has the best defensive timing. If he can bulk up to play the 5 or improve foot speed to guard 4's, he can be our best post player next year.

j-Rye what about Spalding, how much work does he need? Have not seen him play, no one said anything about Adel.

j-Rye what about Spalding, how much work does he need? Have not seen him play, no one said anything about Adel.
Spalding looked lethargic and dissinterested in the Derby Classic game. If that is representative of his attitude and work ethic, he will not last long under Pitino. Reminds me of Zach Price.

Adel could be a nice role player off the bench this year. Has length and plays with energy. Offensively limited, but he can be effective without the ball. Should be ready to start in 16'-17'

Spalding looked lethargic and dissinterested in the Derby Classic game. If that is representative of his attitude and work ethic, he will not last long under Pitino. Reminds me of Zach Price.

Adel could be a nice role player off the bench this year. Has length and plays with energy. Offensively limited, but he can be effective without the ball. Should be ready to start in 16'-17'

I've been hearing that about Spalding's motor. If true then, yeah, he will be in for a rude awakening under Pitino.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT