ADVERTISEMENT

The Ducks

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Anybody want to venture a guess as to who's on the hill starting today?
Phillips?

Philips?? I am getting ready to head to the game. Not worried so much about the Pitching, as I am our bats. You could see this coming on Friday afternoon. Cards leaving way too many men on base. Did not hurt them against SEMO. But against a decent team like MI or OR. Cards are going to have to score some runs. It will take 8 runs today to beat OR. First Team to 8 is gonna win the game. Can the Cards do it??

My guess was Liggett. Nice cowd today - not! Not a good look. I am sure CDM is aware of the lack of fans here for this game.

We just can't get away from seeing eye singles scoring runs. We're just not getting many breaks at all.

My guess was Liggett. Nice cowd today - not! Not a good look. I am sure CDM is aware of the lack of fans here for this game.
Early start probably not helping. I think we'll have a better one in the second game after we send the Ducks packing.😀

Reactions: Bardman
That ball was hit pretty hard though.
Seeing eye singles to me are defined as ground balls just out of the reach of the infielders, regardless of how hard the ball was hit. Beard was a inch from at least keeping the ball from the outfield, saving a run.

I just won a side bet with my brother in law that Rushing would swing at the first pitch and fly out. $1.

I just don't get it. Is he going to swing at the first pitch the rest of his baseball career? I don't know. I just hate watching the same shit not work over and over. We have only 6 extra base hits in 21 innings of regional play and we're not facing any top arms.

About time Masterman got a hanging breaking ball to smash. Time for Bianco to get one of those.

Seeing eye singles to me are defined as ground balls just out of the reach of the infielders, regardless of how hard the ball was hit. Beard was a inch from at least keeping the ball from the outfield, saving a run.
Fair enough. My definition would be balls not hit real hard that find their way through the infield.

Fair enough. My definition would be balls not hit real hard that find their way through the infield.
The term "seeing eye" to me refers the ball knowing where it needs to go to get through the infielders. Like it has eyes. So even if there's a shift where there's four infielders on one side, if a hard hit ground ball just gets through that's a seeing eye single.

But I'm definitely old school baseball having last played the game in the early 1980's.

I think what we just saw here sums up this three year period with UofL sports. That Ushers great catch is nullified with a BS balk call is just a typical thing we've seen in all Cards major sports teams.

Why it continues to happen is why there's talk of curses and jinxes.

Kuehner threw only 23 pitches. Maybe start him in the second game? Treat it like a rain delay.
I like that or rolling the dice and either later in the game if needed. If we can build a lead,save him for tomorrow.
Lotta strategy going forward for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT