ADVERTISEMENT

Terry Rozier's Showing At The NBA Draft Combine

Super cool for Terry. He is a good person so I'm glad he's doing well. He can take care of his family once he signs his contract.

huge risk for a player to participate in the 5 on 5 portion of the combine, I am thankful that Terry had a solid weekend. Will not be surprised to see him inside of the first 30 players taken.

He did average 3 assist per game, for a team that wasn't very good at shooting and only had 1 big who could finish around the rim.

Reactions: pervisl
With the recent trend and importance of scoring PG's, I think Terry could really make some money at the next level. Even the PG's coming off the bench are expected to score, not manage the game. Rozier will stick in the NBA for the same reasons Peyton Siva did not. After hearing how he performed at the combine, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get guaranteed money in the first round.

Reactions: beasleythecard
I think he's kind of a tweener but I expect him to stick in the league for awhile as a 2nd unit contributor.
I think he could do better than a 2nd unit type player in the right situation. He has skills and he's only going to get better with more practice and instruction. He could blossom into a starting guard or even become a star if he gets drafted by the right system. I would love to see him land in San Antonio. Parker is getting old and Cory Joseph is the only other true point on that team. Patty Mills is on the roster too, and I think Ginobili is going to retire. That opens up a spot on the roster for a guard.

It always surprises me just how good some of the backup guards in the NBA are. Remember when JJ Barea took over for Dallas in the 2011 playoffs? Or how about this Dellavadova (sp?) cat stepping up to lead the Cavs in scoring while closing out the Bulls this year. Guard is such a deep position in the NBA. It takes a pretty special player to step in and start right away.

Reactions: beasleythecard
It always surprises me just how good some of the backup guards in the NBA are. Remember when JJ Barea took over for Dallas in the 2011 playoffs? Or how about this Dellavadova (sp?) cat stepping up to lead the Cavs in scoring while closing out the Bulls this year. Guard is such a deep position in the NBA. It takes a pretty special player to step in and start right away.

Agreed. There are some really great, talented guards in the NBA and not all of them start. I'm hoping Rozier can at least provide some solid minutes off the bench for a good team. I really hope Trez and Rozier end up on contenders rather than like Gorgui on Minnesota.

Agreed. There are some really great, talented guards in the NBA and not all of them start. I'm hoping Rozier can at least provide some solid minutes off the bench for a good team. I really hope Trez and Rozier end up on contenders rather than like Gorgui on Minnesota.

Gorgui is going to get some help. I suspect Minnesota will go for a center since the guy they have right now is old and broken down. Gorgui is a good teammate and will help either Towns or Okafor settle in. One of those 2 will be the first pick.

Based on the same metric used to determine NBA MVP (win shares), Gorgui Dieng was Minnesota's most valuable player last year. In terms of team need, they'd be better off drafting D'Angelo Russell, but you can't pass on bigs like Okafor and Towns. They may trade the pick, or trade Pek/Dieng to make room, but I don't see them keeping all those frontcourt players currently on the roster.

Minnesota is just dumb enough to trade Dieng, and I hope they do. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon and Dieng can play for anybody in some capacity.

ADVERTISEMENT