ADVERTISEMENT

Taja Cole

Cardiotonic

4000+
Nov 18, 2001
University of Louisville women's Taja Cole was named co-MVP of the inaugural Jordan Brand Classic All-American game on Friday. Cole had 26 points for the West team in a 76-75 loss to the East in the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. Two other U of L signees - Asia Durr and Brianna Jones - played for the East team.

Cole was 10 of 13 from the field, including 4 of 5 from three-point range, and finished with 26 points, four rebounds, three assists and two steals in the game.

"Of course you need to get ready physically, but I think this is a mental game," Cole told reporters at the Barclays Center on preparing for games. "You have to prepare yourself; you have to think about how you are going to help your team. I just want to win. Whatever I have to do to get my team ready to win, at the end of the day, that's what I'm going to do."

Cole had 13 points, five rebounds and two steals in the McDonald's All-American game two weeks ago. Durr also played in that with U of L signee Samantha Fuehring.

In the Jordan game, Durr had five points and six rebounds, while Jones added two points.

Once coach Walz gets the depth at the 4 &5 position watch out. I think the 2016 class if he nails down the bigs he is after will be just what the program needs.

I'm not normally a worrier. But call me a little curious about the chemistry between Asia Durr and Taja Cole...

I watched the entire girls' all star game. Cole played great. Durr was not much of a factor in contrast to the McDonald's game. In this game, I never once saw the two of them interact on camera. Granted, they were on opposing teams. But these all star teams are hardly engaged in a blood feud. Never once saw a fist bump or a congratulatory gesture.

These two highly-talented players play their best with the ball in their hands. At least, that's what they've been trained to do. They play essentially the same position, and barring injury or transfer, they have four years together. I'm interested in how well these girls adapt their own games to the other's strengths and make the team better. If Walz pulls it off, look out...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT