ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry Catfans.. Its just going to get worse for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

No.1Cardfan

2000+
Nov 20, 2001
At the risk of hijacking an old thread.. Let me add something to this discussion of Uk reducing the gap between the teams. I will start with the most obvious point.
UofK sucks and so do a large group of their fans. Having moved to Ky in 1981 and not giving a damn about college (amateur) sports at the time it was clear that one group of local fans were generally racist, redneck, ignorant, and fashion challenged.
I have never looked back and regretted not associating myself with the "flagship" university of the state. The simplemindedness of the people attracted to supporting them was all too evident among some of the coworkers, management at work, and even my wifes family( all stricken with the "blue hole" virus and pitifully unable to seek a cure once infected.)
There is a reason national commentators never associate or comment on intelligent fanbase and UofK in the same sentence as they conversely will praise the Cardinal faithful.
One only need look to the pregame of last years football game to see the true nature and character of the entire infected program. UOfKs last shot to win for awhile was last year with their surprising (for some) and juvenile pregame tactics. BP will not have forgotten their disrespect!!
This year will be a blowout and once again quotes from Petrino will ring in the ears of many mildcat fans for many years as he states "look at that score...Louisville 35- SLAPDICKS nothing. Those blue smurfs couldnt even score a point!"

Last edited:
I think the final score was 28-0 when Petrino made that boast during a private conversation. Regardless, I understand your point but you're lumping everyone into the same group when talking about UofK, and that's just not accurate.

It is impossible for me to respect much regarding UofK, and that's because of the history between the two fan bases. UofK fans have always been arrogant and stupid generally speaking. Of course not ALL UofK fans fit that description but IMO for every 1 UofK fan who is cordial, respectful, educated, and humble, there are 10 more who are 180 degrees opposite. That makes the fans in general very difficult to tolerate.

Reactions: zgrasshopper
I think the final score was 28-0 when Petrino made that boast during a private conversation. Regardless, I understand your point but you're lumping everyone into the same group when talking about UofK, and that's just not accurate.

It is impossible for me to respect much regarding UofK, and that's because of the history between the two fan bases. UofK fans have always been arrogant and stupid generally speaking. Of course not ALL UofK fans fit that description but IMO for every 1 UofK fan who is cordial, respectful, educated, and humble, there are 10 more who are 180 degrees opposite. That makes the fans in general very difficult to tolerate.

CC, I disagree with you on this! UofL has proprtionatly equal amount of those types of fans, which is minimal! Every school fanaticals also fall into this category...!

Cue is right. There are more LPT fans proportionately of the type he's talking about. Most of us have lived here and encountered enough of them to know. Whether on message boards or anywhere else.

You can't say absolutely that they don't exist in any other fanbase--that would be false. But no question, they are proportionately higher in Slapd!ck Nation.

LPT Football: #1 at something...

Reactions: jim57
You can't judge fanbase a by message boards or people on generally anything they're passionate about. By and large there's a level of anonymity and with that some people act like jackasses.

I imagine it does get heated in Louisville between fanbases, but it's like that everywhere that has two successful schools with passionate fans in close proximity. It's just part of it.

Don't take it so seriously when someone ribs you, shoot back. Unless there's alcohol involved most people enjoy the back and forth.

Reactions: CATFANFOLIFE87

Agreed, thats why i used "generally" and a "large group" of their fans. It would be impossible to not know some fans who are not "deeply infected" yet lol. I didnt even touch on all my experience with their shocking prejudice level as we have dealt with that on previous threads ad nauseum. Not saying that the cards fans don't have some that are prejudiced but there is a huge chasm in the difference between the way they refer to Cardinal blacks(fill in the blank) vs their nice looking blacks. (Though they would be horrified for their daughters to date one unless he was a cat player)

Op, if your going to call others fans ignorant or simpleminded; you may want to grammar check your posts. ✌

At the risk of hijacking an old thread.. Let me add something to this discussion of Uk reducing the gap between the teams. I will start with the most obvious point.
UofK sucks and so do a large group of their fans. Having moved to Ky in 1981 and not giving a damn about college (amateur) sports at the time it was clear that one group of local fans were generally racist, redneck, ignorant, and fashion challenged.
I have never looked back and regretted not associating myself with the "flagship" university of the state. The simplemindedness of the people attracted to supporting them was all too evident among some of the coworkers, management at work, and even my wifes family( all stricken with the "blue hole" virus and pitifully unable to seek a cure once infected.)
There is a reason national commentators never associate or comment on intelligent fanbase and UofK in the same sentence as they conversely will praise the Cardinal faithful.
One only need look to the pregame of last years football game to see the true nature and character of the entire infected program. UOfKs last shot to win for awhile was last year with their surprising (for some) and juvenile pregame tactics. BP will not have forgotten their disrespect!!
This year will be a blowout and once again quotes from Petrino will ring in the ears of many mildcat fans for many years as he states "look at that score...Louisville 35- SLAPDICKS nothing. Those blue smurfs couldnt even score a point!"

Thanks for the new thread.

Ironically, I had the same experience when I moved back to Louisville in 1978. I was more of a Pro sports fan having the pleasure of living in Oakland cheering for my Raiders, the A's and the Golden St Warriors. So, I was a fairly neutral college sports fan supporting both U of L and UK.
That was over by the end of first basketball season. It was the UK fans that turned me off and I doubt any of them ever attended a day on campus.

I hope for an injury free game and the CARDS win 35-0, as payback for last year's childish
pre-game display by the Kitties .

I doubt his "ignorance" remark related to mastery of the english language. I try to be as careful as anyone with the printed word. But I read past most of those errors on a message board unless it's indecipherable.

We all know what the remark was directed at. (Oops! Dangling preposition!)

LPT Football: Ignorant in more ways than you can count...

Agreed, thats why i used "generally" and a "large group" of their fans. It would be impossible to not know some fans who are not "deeply infected" yet lol. I didnt even touch on all my experience with their shocking prejudice level as we have dealt with that on previous threads ad nauseum. Not saying that the cards fans don't have some that are prejudiced but there is a huge chasm in the difference between the way they refer to Cardinal blacks(fill in the blank) vs their nice looking blacks. (Though they would be horrified for their daughters to date one unless he was a cat player)

I've been on UK message boards for close to 15 years, and A fan for most of my 41 years and I've never heard anyone talk about "Cardinal blacks". I'm not saying you haven't heard it, but to act like its widespread or just common behavior is misleading.

I've been on UK message boards for close to 15 years, and A fan for most of my 41 years and I've never heard anyone talk about "Cardinal blacks". I'm not saying you haven't heard it, but to act like its widespread or just common behavior is misleading.

BS...You're trying to say you've NEVER heard a UK Fan call the Cardinals the "BLACKBIRDS"!!!

:cool:

Years ago I visited Central city and Greensville frequently because of my work and believe me, I heard not only the basketball team called blackbirds but the whole city of Louisville referred to as n----ville more than once.

Thanks for the new thread.

Ironically, I had the same experience when I moved back to Louisville in 1978. I was more of a Pro sports fan having the pleasure of living in Oakland cheering for my Raiders, the A's and the Golden St Warriors. So, I was a fairly neutral college sports fan supporting both U of L and UK.
That was over by the end of first basketball season. It was the UK fans that turned me off and I doubt any of them ever attended a day on campus.

I hope for an injury free game and the CARDS win 35-0, as payback for last year's childish
pre-game display by the Kitties .
First time I ever heard cheering for the raiders described as a "pleasure".

This is a joke. When I was growing up all you heard from UK fans was Denny just plays N ball who could cheer for that, and was also told that UK would always have more white players than black players on their team.

Nashville ball?
Further proof of my "ignorant" characterization.
Regarding spelling etc , with autocorrect and timing issues and features changing your true meaning as you type away on a "fun and leisurely" distraction, I hope to not be held accountable for my occasional failure to proofread everything i throw up here. I also hope I'm not in danger of having my oxford english degree retracted LOL. Oops, run on sentence detected.

Give me a break! Are you trying to come across as reasonable and intelligent in your posting and you claim you have never heard cardinal players and fans called much, MUCH worse even scraping it into the paint on their vehicles etc? If their were any doubt before...You have no credibility here

Reactions: Fern Creek Card
CC, I disagree with you on this! UofL has proprtionatly equal amount of those types of fans, which is minimal! Every school fanaticals also fall into this category...!
Not according to the couch burning, destruction and bad behavior shown by many of their fanbase according to news and police reports AND personal experiences. Let alone last years game with even their players displaying their punk activies including flipping off the audience from the field. Who else does that?

I doubt his "ignorance" remark related to mastery of the english language. I try to be as careful as anyone with the printed word. But I read past most of those errors on a message board unless it's indecipherable.

We all know what the remark was directed at. (Oops! Dangling preposition!)

LPT Football: Ignorant in more ways than you can count...
Spot on my good fellow... Now cheerio!

Give me a break! Are you trying to come across as reasonable and intelligent in your posting and you claim you have never heard cardinal players and fans called much, MUCH worse even scraping it into the paint on their vehicles etc? If their were any doubt before...You have no credibility here

Yeah that's what I'm saying, not any worse than I've read posted about UK fans here.
And I don't know about car scraping or what you're referring too.
I also don't care if you think I'm credible, what the hell is that supposed to mean coming from an anonymous message board poster. I don't think anyone on any boards are credible. It's just discussion about sports dude.

How
Not according to the couch burning, destruction and bad behavior shown by many of their fanbase according to news and police reports AND personal experiences. Let alone last years game with even their players displaying their punk activies including flipping off the audience from the field. Who else does that?

I agree the ridiculous behavior in Lexington by college kids is not something that should be condoned.

I don't like the way the team behaved last year, it's one thing to be fired up but another to act up. I also remember a vivid pic of a Louisville football player flipping off the crowd before the 2007 game, it happens. Probably a lot more than we know, but that doesn't make it right.

Reactions: mwatson61
Spot on my good fellow... Now cheerio!
this, because you guys never insult the intelligence of a UK education or the overall intelligence of the fans. I am sure in your're (haha) opinion UL fans are the epitome of class.

Lol. Troll much?

Last edited by a moderator:
this, because you guys never insult the intelligence of a UK education or the overall intelligence of the fans. I am sure in your're (haha) opinion UL fans are the epitome of class.

You all could learn a thing or ten about fashion.

Lol. You are full of sh*t. Troll much?

I have never heard that anywhere before I read it on this board. That is a fact. Just because you want to believe something doesn't make it true.

No one gives a darn about what color a player is anymore. I've heard people talk about the character of some of the players Louisville is bringing in now, but color doesn't determine that, as far as I know.

You're getting colder. ;)

I went into the army in 1976. I was a UK fan.When I got out of the service in 1979, I got tired of hearing about the UofL Blackbirds.
I am now a big Card fan.

Reactions: No.1Cardfan
BS...You're trying to say you've NEVER heard a UK Fan call the Cardinals the "BLACKBIRDS"!!!

:cool:
Or ridicule the "line beards" or refer to the West Enders or the constant reference to U of L players as thugs. These guys are either liars or have never read their own message boards. I vote for the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT