ADVERTISEMENT

Some weird scores around the country

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
There are some weird scores around the country a lot of the power teams are really struggling against weaker opponents. Teams like Alabama, Georgia, Michigan and others are being challenged against lesser opponents. With the playoffs expanding to 12 teams this could be a really good year to have a good team.

Reactions: earsky
Was just thinking the same thing. Florida man handles UT, WVU is showing just how bad Pitt is. And now Wyoming was on the verge of beating Texas just scored to take the lead.
Cincy is losing to Miami of Ohio in OT by a TD

Overall, the ACC is holding its own against both SEC and BIG opponents. UVA, Pitt and VT are the exceptions. BC gave FSU all it wanted before falling short. Parity has arrived in college football, much like it did in college basketball.

Reactions: Mayoman
I think Colorado-TCU are great examples of the impact the portal has had on college football. There is talent everywhere. There are guys that can play at the lower levels. Colorado is built on guys that played at lower level programs. Legit NFL guys.

The other impact is depth at bigger programs is being hit especially at QB. Alabama is a great example. How did they not land a true impact QB in the portal?

The playoff is going to add another layer because of expanded access.

Watch Colorado in next 4-5 years if Sanders stays. They will dominate the Big 12. No one in that conference will come close to their recruiting High School and in the portal.

I firmly believe the Big Ten and SEC have screwed their current members by expanding. Each week will be a dog fight. There is just too much talent throughout their leagues. To be honest let Clemson and FSU leave who cares they just made access to the playoff easier.

Was just thinking the same thing. Florida man handles UT, WVU is showing just how bad Pitt is. And now Wyoming was on the verge of beating Texas just scored to take the lead.
Cincy is losing to Miami of Ohio in OT by a TD
I watched most of that game. A lot of really good athletes on the field on both teams but a lot of mistakes by both teams.

UT really misses Hendon Hooker.

Overall, the ACC is holding its own against both SEC and BIG opponents. UVA, Pitt and VT are the exceptions. BC gave FSU all it wanted before falling short. Parity has arrived in college football, much like it did in college basketball.
Caught the last part of FSU game. That QB for BC is scary. A great athlete with a lot of speed. We are going to have to keep him boxed in.

Reactions: 2330859 and Mayoman
CFB has always had some unexpected scores/results. Now this new era with the portal and NIL, who knows what it's going to give us?

There's a reason Dabo and Saban didn't like these changes to the landscape. They knew any adjustment to rules and roster manipulation would potentially shake up the sport.

They have the best teams and always got the 1st pick of the litter. Now others are getting their share either out of high school or in the portal. It is wonderful.

They have the best teams and always got the 1st pick of the litter. Now others are getting their share either out of high school or in the portal. It is wonderful.
They are some of the best minds in the game, Saban for sure, but it's so much easier when they control the landscape and the players futures. I'm not saying they are toast, but they are going to have to put their egos in check if they want to thrive in this era. Dabo was more outspoken about all this so it's going to be tough for him to walk it back. While Saban's tears are delicious it didn't feel as if he was as all-in against it, he seemed a bit more annoyed than deeply troubled. I think he just knew what could happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT