ADVERTISEMENT

Sniders jump shot

ChenyShaffer

No-Ranking Prospect
Apr 24, 2015
It can be a bit of a line drive but I do think with some work he will be a very good shooter. I dont think he had much confidence until he got minutes after Jones was gone.

Reactions: pervisl
Q is my guy! I love his game. I don't think he worries about points which is an awesome trait for a point guard. On top of that, he's a gym rat who will improve his weaknesses. I think the signing of the one and done guys will push his improvement as well. His (much) better days lye ahead!

Snider will be the starting point guard for the next 3 years unless he continues to improve to the point of becoming a first round draft choice, then he'll probably leave early and take the money.

He has decent height for a college point guard at 6-2 and he'll bulk up some from his current 180lbs which will help him finish in the lane better. His shot will improve too with lots of practice, and like it's already been pointed out, the kid is a gym rat. I think he'll be a star for the Cards as soon as next year.

Reactions: pervisl and SoulSr
Snider to me is in the same mold as Siva. Proud to be a Cardinal 100%. I believe he will bring home the hardware soon too.

I really like having Snider as our PG. He does need to work a bit on his jump shot and free throws but he really knows how to run the team. Also, he is cool under pressure and did a damn good job, as a true freshman, leading the team last year after Jones departure.

I like Q too. But I think his lack of quickness is problematic in RPs defensive scheme. It does not hurt him on offense because he is very good at changing speeds on the dribble which throws the defenders off. He is going to have to become a very heady defensive player and make sure he is in the right position and takes the proper angle in cutting off the dribbler to be effective in this defense. I think his jumper will be much improved this year because he is the type of kid that will be in the gym everyday working on it. Having said that, reading between the lines I don't think RP sees Q as his starting point guard. I saw a quote from RP that Lewis was going to be the starting point. RP also recruited hard the point guard (forget his name) that is graduating early and picked Duke over UL. If Lewis is the point that most likely means Donavon Mitchell will start at the 2. There will still be plenty of playing time for Q because Ryan McMahon is the only other scholarship guard. So that means Lewis, Mitchell and Q will most likely rotate in and out at the 2 guard positions.

Agree completely. I like Q a lot and think he will be a very good UL player over the next three years. I think he is very smart and skilled. Maybe not the quickest on D but still good and I think he'll continue to improve. I also think his shooting will improve with practice.

But he's not yet a star and obviously Pitino was concerned enough to bring in a 5th year senior and to continue to recruit HS for star point guards. I still think that no matter who Pitino brings in, Q will continue to get plenty of playing time and be a huge asset for the Cards.

IMO Snider continues to start at the 1-spot. His assists-to-turnover ratio during the NCAA's was off the charts for a player who played so little during the regular season. He'll get better and improve his weaknesses. Foot speed can be improved just like a jumper can. Also, I don't think a coach that wouldn't promise DeAngelo Russell a starting spot is suddenly handing out starting spots like candy in the middle of May. In other words, show me the source of your quote rentalman, I ain't buying it!

To be blunt and honest, UofL has always had rosters loaded with athletes that maybe don't play the greatest thinking man's game. Some of our bigs just get nervous, some of our wings and guards have kind of struggled to figure out what Pitino wants on the offensive end.

Snider has that cerebral game between the ears - the game Hancock had, Siva had, Wayne found his SR year... Snider already has it. Hard to put into words, I just can't recall during his stretch as a starter ever saying to myself, "Why did Q do that???"

Do you guys think his body conditioning can get better and improve his quickness also?
Seems like his body is a little soft.

I think quickness is sometimes confused with correctly anticipating what your opponent is going to do (cleverness? intelligence? awareness?). I think the more he plays and yes, the better conditioned he is, the better he will be over-all and the more effective he will be as a defender, whatever you want to call it.

Quentin reminds me of Tyler Ennis who played for Syracuse. I really like the floor general game. He doesn't need to be a "scorer" but he has to be able to put it in the bucket when the defense gives it to him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT