ADVERTISEMENT

Shaq Aaron transferring

DAMMIT CHAZ!!! What did you do?
laugh.r191677.gif

Good grief. This kid just said he had no intention of leaving UofL. Now he's leaving? WTF?

Jeff Greer ‏@jeffgreer_cj    3m 3 minutes ago

Some sources have said Aaron wasn't thrilled Louisville is recruiting Drexel transfer Damion Lee.

Originally posted by KerryRhodes:
Jeff Greer ‏@jeffgreer_cj 3m 3 minutes ago

Some sources have said Aaron wasn't thrilled Louisville is recruiting Drexel transfer Damion Lee.
Really? That's weak if that's true. I mean if this kid is so insecure about his own abilities to compete and earn playing time as to be concerned about who the coaching staff is recruiting (not actually signing mind you), then this kid needs to go. He doesn't sound like he's much of a competitor to me. I don't want any kid on this roster that isn't willing to compete for playing time.

Originally posted by Cue Card:
Originally posted by KerryRhodes:
Jeff Greer ‏@jeffgreer_cj 3m 3 minutes ago

Really? That's weak if that's true. I mean if this kid is so insecure about his own abilities to compete and earn playing time as to be concerned about who the coaching staff is recruiting (not actually signing mind you), then this kid needs to go. He doesn't sound like he's much of a competitor to me. I don't want any kid on this roster that isn't willing to compete for playing time.
Or Coach Pitino is running him off by recruiting another player at his position, when he
didnt need Lee.
He went from the next Cisco, to getting splinters in his ass.

Kids get recruited over each offseason, so IMO that's a non issue. I think Aaron must not have much confidence in his skills. Basically at the SF position it will be 4 players IF Rowan signs. The other 2 is a freshman and a walk on. If he feels he can't beat those guys out then it's best for him to move on.

Re:weak and insecure; Shaq Aaron transferring

And Rick sure did not help the situation with 19 year old.

Sustained performance

Rick should realize he is paid by the University not as future agent of players, even Cal does not do that.

No thanks , but Rick did not try real hard to convince Trez to come back, if you going to do that Rick at least recruit some one and doners as well as shooters

Senior night honored one senior (Blackshear), yet there's a total of 6 players gone this year. Blackshear (graduated), Trez and Rozier (NBA, no problem there), Agou, Gill and Aaron.

Yet some want to keep the blinders on and insist that there aren't any issues with recruiting.

A top 10 program shouldn't be scrambling in mid April to get some graduate transfers to fill out their roster for October.

Re:weak and insecure; Shaq Aaron transferring

Originally posted by Law007:
And Rick sure did not help the situation with 19 year old...

Rick should realize he is paid by the University not as future agent of players, even Cal does not do that.

No thanks , but Rick did not try real hard to convince Trez to come back, if you going to do that Rick at least recruit some one and doners as well as shooters

Can't understand your point(s) here. Proofreading and a mastery of English helps.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Re: Good analysis

Jurick maybe needs to speak to Rick

too many non conforming players and talent judgements

Re: Good analysis

Jurick maybe needs to speak to Rick

too many non conforming players and talent judgements
Jurich needs to speak to Rick? Really?

Let me see, 3 final 4s, one championship, how many Elite 8s and Suite 16s? I've lost count.

Originally posted by Kratz:
Senior night honored one senior (Blackshear), yet there's a total of 6 players gone this year. Blackshear (graduated), Trez and Rozier (NBA, no problem there), Agou, Gill and Aaron.

Yet some want to keep the blinders on and insist that there aren't any issues with recruiting.

A top 10 program shouldn't be scrambling in mid April to get some graduate transfers to fill out their roster for October.
Three-fourths of the Top 100 high school seniors in 2011 did not make it to their senior class with those schools.

And 90% of the Top 20 didn't make it, which is where a lot of you guys think we should be recruiting.

Kudos to U of L and Wayne Blackshear, one of the 13 exceptions in the P5 conferences.

And welcome to college basketball 2015...

Re: ability to comprehend

maybe writing in large crayons would assist you, not likely

Re: I am sure a lot things slipped by you

How many players transferred out, were not good enough for Rick, was it because he could not evaluate talent, could not coach them up to level of playing time, how many prospered at other schools?

For a coach who claims how he loves his players, he had a lot red headed step children leave his house.

Originally posted by CHAZ3322:

I WILL SETTLE FOR I WAS RIGHT!!!!
Right? You want credit? Hell, I BLAME you. Somehow, some way, you made this happen, just so you could say "I WAS right!!!"
wink.r191677.gif

I really like Aaron. Was hoping things would turn around for him next season and by his junior year he could have been a star. I don't have a problem with him transferring if he wasn't happy or didn't want to fight for a position.

You get what you give and apparently he wasn't giving UofL all he was capable of. Good luck to the young man

Re: I am sure a lot things slipped by you

how many prospered at other schools?

For a coach who claims how he loves his players, he had a lot red headed step children leave his house.
I think you need to define prospering, the answer is, not many.

Wade put up stats for a garbage team. Caracter lasted one year somewhere else and put up stats for a weak team.

Nobody has done anything memorable. Like, for real.

I wish them all luck, including this guy.

Yeah guys leave, how many end up on his staff and come around though?

Are you really choosing the side of a kid that refused to lift weights that weighed 100 lbs over the guy that has put us in the E8 five out of the last eight years?

Chaz you ended up being right.

heres the thing I had hoped I was wrong, but this kid obviously came in with the attitude he was BETTER than everybody else. IF Kaminsky would have had that attitude he never would have made it. Like Devante Parker and Russ tweeted out, no spot will be given to you, you have to come in and COMPETE. Clearly this kid saw Adel, Lee, Rowan and didnt think that Pitino should be recruiting over him, when in reality you recruit for two years down the road not for next year. Maybe instead of questioning my fanhood, you all can see that clearly I did have some inside info??? Honestly Blame me because if we get LEE, next year could be HUGE!!!!!

Re: just oo many players are leaving.

Not defending one player or another but a pattern clearly indicates an issue, whether it at Louisville or any other school.

Not defending one player or another but a pattern clearly indicates an issue, whether it at Louisville or any other school.
I will become concerned IF or WHEN we get caught with a non-competitive team because of Pitino's recruiting. Not when it MAY appear by some to have caught up with us. Let's just wait and see how the off season and next season pan out before forming an opinion on what issues we do or don't have.

Pitting knows what he is doing. Aaron thought he should be playing the entire season. His body language was not good all year. He wants to play and if he doesn't that is a problem. It appears he wants the playing time on his terms. There is no guarantee Lee is coming in, but you transfer because Coach P is thinking about it? How about transferring after others are brought in? Who knows what is going to happen the next couple of weeks. Lee and the other kid aren't exactly locks to be here next year.

Bottom line if he stayed it wasn't going to work out. He really doesn't have the right mindset to be great at this point. You can only hope he develops the mental toughness and work ethic wherever he ends up.

Originally posted by Steelers2012:
I will become concerned IF or WHEN we get caught with a non-competitive team because of Pitino's recruiting. Not when it MAY appear by some to have caught up with us. Let's just wait and see how the off season and next season pan out before forming an opinion on what issues we do or don't have.
This is exactly the point... Except for a school a few miles east of here, recruiting is a sideshow.

Pitino is judged on wins and losses, keeping kids progressing academically, and staying within the rules. He succeeds magnificently on the last two, and not too badly on the first one. Recruiting is a MEANS to those ends.

And when he starts to fail on any of those deliverables, let's talk about what Pitino needs to do...

We will be very competitive next season, especially if we get Lee or Rowan or both! If Anas gets 15-30 lbs of muscle on him he will be a force and we could be contending for another Final 4 spot. Right now, we're good. A few chips fall in place and we're damn good!

I think it comes down to playing time and guys at the position they are playing. Like I said Aaron would have been giving every chance to start at SF. The only returner at that position is a walk on. Gill had to beat out Mitchell an incoming freshman for the 2G spot. Agua would have battled Johnson for PF minutes. And in college basketball everyone gets recruited over. If you feel you are to good to get recruited over, go out prove it and win the spot. I'm pretty sure Pitino will play the player whom gives the best chance to win.

We will be very competitive next season, especially if we get Lee or Rowan or both! If Anas gets 15-30 lbs of muscle on him he will be a force and we could be contending for another Final 4 spot. Right now, we're good. A few chips fall in place and we're damn good!

Not really that surprising even though he and CRP said he was staying recently. I wish Aaron well wherever he ends up.

Since the season ended it became apparent that Shaq wasn't going to put in the work expected of him. Staff sees that and then ramps up efforts to move in another direction.

Pitino on Aaron just last week:

"I don't know about that one," he said. "Don't know. I haven't seen enough to like yet. It's a wait and see. He came in late. He's got a bad body. He's not thrilled with the weight room, just until the last month he got serious about it. He needs a makeover."

Ummmm.......... How well did you scout the kid before you signed him?

Originally posted by blubo:
shaq is just not a Louisville Man
Exactly. Just as "Louisville Man" Russ Smith said about Shaqquan leaving "Transferring schools won't get you out of doing the stuff you were supposed to be doing at your former school". And Russ did that without calling anyone a F-ing Racial slur.

Signed, Russ Smith 4 year Louisville Cardinal and National Champion!

Originally posted by Louisvillian:

Originally posted by blubo:
shaq is just not a Louisville Man
Exactly. Just as "Louisville Man" Russ Smith said about Shaqquan leaving "Transferring schools won't get you out of doing the stuff you were supposed to be doing at your former school". And Russ did that without calling anyone a F-ing Racial slur.

Signed, Russ Smith 4 year Louisville Cardinal and National Champion!
And a diploma....

...Ummmm.......... How well did you scout the kid before you signed him? Why not suggest what Pitino should have done? I'm just curious...
confused0013.r191677.gif

Originally posted by zipp:

...Ummmm.......... How well did you scout the kid before you signed him?

Why not suggest what Pitino should have done? I'm just curious...
confused0013.r191677.gif
Let's see....... Start with literally the first words out of Pitinos mouth on the subject were "I don't know...." So you scouted him for a year or two, coached him for a year and the first words you say are "I don't know". That's problematic right there.

Doesn't like his body: Same body he had when you were scouting and signed him.

Kid doesn't like the weight room: You scouted him for two years. Did you not know he didn't like the weight room? Did you talk to his high school coaches and ask questions?

"I haven't seen enough to like yet." Again, you scouted him for two years and coached him for another.

"He needs a make over". Again, 3 years into your relationship with the kid and you realize he needs a make over? Seems like you should have noticed that a long time ago.

To answer your question in the simplest terms possible..... Scout and evaluate better. It would be different if we were talking about an isolated incident, but he's the 4th one gone in the last few months. Gill, Agau, and Jones are also on the list for the season. Seems pretty obvious that he made a mistake on all 4. 3 quit and the other was kicked off. All scouted and signed by Pitino.

Criticizing Pitino's recruiting while he's in the midst of five elite eights in the last eight years crack me up. 3 FFs and 1 Title in 12 or 13 years, whatever it is.... our program has a total of 3 titles, so he's won us a third of our titles....

Kratz this is like calling out a hot blonde for having finger nails that are just a little too long. Or saying you're just really annoyed to find out she's wearing a black thong when your favorite color is purple or something.

Jesus man.

Here we go again with the Pitino bashing. We saw the kid play on numerous occasions. He showed little to get exceited about if anything. He also had every day in practice to prove himself. As bad as Pitino needs bodies, he must have been convinced the kid couldn't contribute because he skewered him the other day when asked about him. I think that was Pitino washing his hands of him and encouraging him to go ahead and leave. One thing about recruiting is there is really no way to know if a kid is going to work hard when he gets here. You are relying on his high school coach for that information. No other way to get it and these coaches are highly unlikely to tell the truth. Most of these kids don't have to work hard to look great at the high school level. I think his body limits his ability to succeed at this level and especially if he wasn't willing to work at it, which is what is being rumored. Can't imagine a kid giving his all and Pitino running him off, but I am sure some of you could.

This post was edited on 4/8 11:21 PM by ACCCard

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT