ADVERTISEMENT

SEMO

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
One helluva game to get here,taking down #1 Belmont in the OVC finals after tying the game in the 9th and winning in the 10th.
The front end of their lineup looks dominated by right handed hitters while the bottom half looks like mostly lefties.

SEMO likely to counter with 6 foot 7 righty Jason Rackers,a Tennessee transfer.
He's got some post season experience out of the bullpen, pitching an inning plus against Arkansas last year in the SEC championship game.

Some believe the best pitch the hitter will see is the first pitch; conversely others believe that a hitter with good plate discipline should be patient and wait “only for your pitch”. I remain convinced that our executing plate patience will determine whether we advance or not.

Some believe the best pitch the hitter will see is the first pitch; conversely others believe that a hitter with good plate discipline should be patient and wait “only for your pitch”. I remain convinced that our executing plate patience will determine whether we advance or not.
I think it depends on the pitcher,his tendencies,etc.
Some of these guys love to get ahead early then make you chase something out of the zone late. It's a bit of a double edged sword to me. Jump on early fastballs and keep the count low or work the count and push the starter out. I'm fine with either but guys have to lay off bad pitches for the latter to work.
Let's get this one under our belts Cards!!

I'm out here now looking at this pitcher for SEMO. Good Lord people. He's a physical presence to say the least.
Chiseled 6 foot 7
Oh Boy!

😆 Actually there's two of them. Not sure which one is starting. One guy looks like the bigger,older brother of the other.

It just never ends with this team. Two errors in the first inning. They just can't seem to get out of their own way.

Hopefully the bats are alive.

Never seen 3 balks in one inning by the same pitcher. The SEMO pitcher had only 1 all season.

SEMO getting all the bounces early but the Cards take over the game and exert their will.
Nice way to get the tournament started.

Reactions: Deeva
Two outstanding outings by our two pitchers. The team hit the ball fairly well; several solid shots just went right to SEMO fielders. I think today, once again, proves you can’t pitch around any one batter in our lineup. They all can hit.

Reactions: ulcards1 and earsky
Two outstanding outings by our two pitchers. The team hit the ball fairly well; several solid shots just went right to SEMO fielders. I think today, once again, proves you can’t pitch around any one batter in our lineup. They all can hit.
In the midst of some of those hits and hard hit balls right at guys were some really solid at bats. At the top of the list is Jack. I wish I could bottle up his at bats and give everybody else some of it.
He's money when guys are on base.😁

He was well into the 90s early on before velocity dropped in the latter innings. Interesting that his slider actually became more effective when his velocity decreased.

1- Usher
2- KnAP
3-Hump
4-Rushing
5-Payton
6-Zing
7-Beard
8- Benson
9- Bonco/Masterman

Sorry wrong thread. I'm a bit off too.😁😁😁

7-

ADVERTISEMENT