ADVERTISEMENT

Scout vs. Rivals Recruit Rankings

J-Rye_UL

6000+
Jul 30, 2009
Meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but there's a major difference in UofL's player ranks between Scout and Rivals.

Donovan Mitchell - Scout 17th, Rivals 31st
Deng Adel - Scout 23rd, Rivals 47th
Ray Spalding - Scout 31st, Rivals 63rd

So the worst rating on Scout is equal to the best rating on Rivals. Rivals sippin on some of that haterade. Get your act together :cool:

Like you said, in the grand scheme of things it does not matter. All I care about is how well they play at the collegiate level, There is a lot of politics baked into the rankings. RP seems to be high on this group.

That is quite interesting such a big diffference. Would like to see the rankings of the players from the other major programs bet they are pretty equal to each other.

So I'm pulling all this from the RSCI rankings which can be found here <-- link

Out of 99 recruits, these are the top 5 that Rivals penalizes vs. the Scout rankings
1) Ray Spalding (UofL): -32 spots
2) Deng Adel (UofL): -24 spots
3) Kieth Stone (Florida): -23 spots
4) Aaron Holiday (UCLA): -20 spots
5) Donovan Mitchell (UofL): -14 spots

It's no coincidence that 3 of the top 5 players Rivals devalues the most attend UofL. That's called an agenda

Reactions: beasleythecard

Out of 99 recruits, these are the top 5 that Rivals penalizes vs. the Scout rankings

It's no coincidence that 3 of the top 5 players Rivals devalues the most attend UofL. That's called an agenda
That is eye opening. Why is Louisville so disparaged?

Your right. Its really hard to believe its a coincidence. On the other hand, someone could argue that perhaps Scout has a bias in favor of UL Recruits.

Your right. Its really hard to believe its a coincidence. On the other hand, someone could argue that perhaps Scout has a bias in favor of UL Recruits.
Was just about to say the same thing. I have no clue which one is pro or con to UofL recruits but one of the two sure does seem to think a lot or very little of our players. Pretty sure it was similar last year
I could definitely see that angle too. Even then, the RSCI is made up of 6 different recruiting services and it takes the average ranking. When compared to the RSCI composite ranking, Spalding and Adel are still in the top 5 of players that Rivals devalues the most.

Last edited:

Was just about to say the same thing. I have no clue which one is pro or con to UofL recruits but one of the two sure does seem to think a lot or very little of our players. Pretty sure it was similar last year

Personally I like Scouts rankings better. They update theirs more. Remember Scout had Terry Rozier in their top 20 going into his prep school year. Rivals had Terry like 80th.

ADVERTISEMENT