ADVERTISEMENT

Sad times at the U of L

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Perfect movie title for Louisville sports.

Whether it's self inflicted or the University has been cursed, there's no doubt that the biggest sports programs at UofL is struggling mightily.

Except of course women's hoops who are the antithesis of the other three programs. But something makes me think they'll get to the final 4 and get hosed by a bad call or lose on a freak shot.

That's for those who believe in curses.

The last two seasons of men's hoops, football and baseball have been some of the most frustrating sports here in a very long time.

The baseball team suddenly is losing to cupcakes on a regular basis and the hoops team has lost 12 of 14 during the weakest ACC conference in memory.

The football team is looking like they could turn things around with so many players returning. But I'll believe it when I see it. I can't afford not to.

I've been a big UofL fan since the 1980 championship game. I was in middle school and all my friends were UK fans. There has been a lot of winning since then but I don't recall a worse stretch than now.

But we'll see.

And just like that, the baseball team walks off against Morehead with a 3 run shot.

Let's kill the curse.....

Baseball has had one medicore season is like what…15 years? Last year wasn’t horrible. Some could argue they shoukd have been at least a 4 seed. MBB - sure. This is the worse team I have ever seen at UofL. I think I was 7th grade for the 80 and the same thing…many around me were UK fans.

I do not believe in curses, but it should be evident that outside influences played a huge role in this downward spiral. Despite the clear evidence, few UL fans acknowledge the genesis of our decline. I remain convinced that our vulnerability all started with the CJ Editorial’s successful initiative to attack Dr Ramsey. I witnessed firsthand, UK‘s influence inside and outside the paper, pushing a deceptive narrative forward that ultimately led to James losing the support of the BOT. Once Ramsey was out of the way, it was obvious that Jurich was on an island.

I do not believe in curses, but it should be evident that outside influences played a huge role in this downward spiral. Despite the clear evidence, few UL fans acknowledge the genesis of our decline. I remain convinced that our vulnerability all started with the CJ Editorial’s successful initiative to attack Dr Ramsey. I witnessed firsthand, UK‘s influence inside and outside the paper, pushing a deceptive narrative forward that ultimately led to James losing the support of the BOT. Once Ramsey was out of the way, it was obvious that Jurich was on an island.
No doubt.

One thing to add to this, Baseball recruiting is as good as ever right now. According to Perfect Game, Louisville is sitting at number 3 in the 2022 class rankings. 5 top 100 kids committed.

Reactions: Bardman and earsky
Bevin's meddling/restructuring of the BOT set the university back decades.

One thing to add to this, Baseball recruiting is as good as ever right now. According to Perfect Game, Louisville is sitting at number 3 in the 2022 class rankings. 5 top 100 kids committed.
Didn't they sign this class already in November? Thought I read that somewhere. Yes,the Freshman class playing right now,minus Eddie King was #6 and the 2022 class,like you said, is #3.

Everything is cyclical. As long as they keep investing in the programs it will turn. Baseball is fine. He did such a good job it is hard to keep doing it when you keep losing players to the draft.

Basketball and Football have to recruit better then their fortunes will change.

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT