ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan McMahon

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Ryan McMahon: Pitino said the 6-foot freshman guard will "definitely" redshirt this upcoming season so he can add muscle to his frame. Because McMahon is sitting out the year, Pitino wants to use the 13th and final scholarship on a player who can play right away. "We want to play a lot of guys," Pitino said. "We need 12 scholarship guys who can play if we have the 13th sitting out."

This one is a head scratcher all the way from the beginning.

But really, until I see them play, or see that he ain't gonna play them, I'm open minded.

I feel the same way.

I would not be shocked if he gave the team a lift as a 2nd unit guy with some wild hustle, gutsy shot selection, and activity... maybe even early in his career.

I would not be shocked if he never logged a meaningful minute either.

This is a really tricky read here.

What's your gut tell you?

I would not be shocked if he gave the team a lift as a 2nd unit guy with some wild hustle, gutsy shot selection, and activity... maybe even early in his career.

I would not be shocked if he never logged a meaningful minute either.

This is a really tricky read here.

What's your gut tell you?

It's a tough one because of such limited info on the guy. My gut tells me he could make a few great plays in a few games and eventually- possibly- contribute in a Hendo sort of way. However, like you, I would not be surprised if he never sees the floor much either.

Doubtful he ever sees the floor. Another transfer in the making. Hope he does well, but his frame is weak.

I was disappointed in his performance at the Derby Festival after being very high on him from his highlights and the fact that he was pretty highly rated out of Florida. I think when he has a year to adjust to the speed of the game and can get a little stronger, he'll be an asset. He's a good ball handler and when he can get his shot, seems like a very good shooter. He's going to have to work on getting open against bigger guards or being able to drive and either dish or finish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT