ADVERTISEMENT

Red Zone Struggles - Can't have that this year...

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
I don't know if it was bad play-calling, wrong personnel, or poor execution of good play calls, or a combination of all three or what.

Thoughts?

OL, OL, and OL. Not likely to be much better this year.

Unfortunately I have no information to disagree with this. We were just not very good at short yardage situations last year, IMO due to OL issues. I haven't heard anything yet to lead me to believe this year will be an OL improvement, since we lost quite a bit of experience from last year's less than stellar performance. Somebody please give me/us reason for hope; I'm open to it.

I have no stats, evidence, etc... Seemed Dyer got stacked up a few times, he didn't look that "big" out there. I like Radcliff getting chances down there. I'd rather we didn't get fancy with the QB option stuff and just run him inside.

I know nothing.

I think the OL certainly has to move people out of the way in those situations. Yet, I also think the QB is crucial in those situations as they need to be able to see what is front of them, change things is absolute necessary and finally execute the play. Too much inexperience last year in the Red Zone hurt. You get into that hot box and you must limit mistakes and you must make the simple plays. Both of which were lacking at times last season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT