ADVERTISEMENT

Ravens

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Ravens would have beaten the Bengals with a healthy Lamar. Huntley is a poor QB and had several chances in that 4th quarter.

I do believe Lamar will be wearing another uniform next season. My prediction is Miami.

My Ravens did not survive and advance last night. The team was kind of pieced together and had to play near perfect to pull out a win. Just wasn’t our time.

• Sad
Reactions: Cardsfan62
It's sad that the Ravens and the Dolphins were the two NFL teams I had some interest in because of our two former QB's but seems like the disappointment of U of L football carried into the NFL. Tutu Atwell's play is encouraging.

Reactions: Deeva
That was a slugfest! Ravens controlled the game all night with their 3 yards & a cloud of dust offense and punishing defense. Brutal, physical running game. Playing Baltimore is not like playing anyone else and just glad to see the Bengals get out of there with the W.

On to Buffalo. Emotions will be high and the whole country and NFL has been programmed to cheer for Buffalo because of Damar Hamlin (glad he's doing great!). It's early, but the forecast for Buffalo is sunny, 36 high and 29 low, kickoff 3pm so while not warm it's not the worst.

I will be glad to see Lamar move on out of the AFCN, preferably to the NFC.

14 point swing on a freak play. Frankly not impressed with either squad.

The Bengals have not lost since October and have played an absolutely brutal schedule the final 6-8 games. They were rolling against Buffalo before the scary injury, but of course the game never finished and we'll never know but things were looking very positive for the Bengals. Not sure what you are looking for to be impressed?

I expect the Ravens will use the franchise tag on Lamar for next season to keep him a Raven for at least one more year. They are absolutely loaded on defense after signing Roquan Smith to a long term contract. I’m excited about the possibility of the Ravens winning the Super Bowl next year.

I expect the Ravens will use the franchise tag on Lamar for next season to keep him a Raven for at least one more year. They are absolutely loaded on defense after signing Roquan Smith to a long term contract. I’m excited about the possibility of the Ravens winning the Super Bowl next year.

Hopefully they get a deep threat or even 2 so Lamar can pass more. Extend his NFL shelf life.

Let Dobbins and Edwards take 99% of the carries.

As much as I love Lamar, and support him in not playing without being healthy, I was disappointed to see him not be on the sideline to support his team and to help Huntley in any way he could. He had been on the sideline in previous games and I felt he could and should have been there for his teammates last night.

Yeah, I expect this as well. They will be right back in the hunt if they retain LJ

If they can only stay healthy next year, especially at QB and running back.
I'm not sure what's going to happen to Lamar, staying or going, but Huntley isn't good as a back-up.
I guess Duvernay was injured. They need to decide whether he's a running back, special teams, or receiver. Edwards and Dobbins have to stay healthy.
Do not get rid of any of the linebackers in the off season.

Reactions: Larry10
The Bengals have not lost since October and have played an absolutely brutal schedule the final 6-8 games. They were rolling against Buffalo before the scary injury, but of course the game never finished and we'll never know but things were looking very positive for the Bengals. Not sure what you are looking for to be impressed?
In that game, not the season.

Ravens should have locked down LJ to a long-term deal 2 years ago. That's what most NFL teams would have done when they get a generational QB that is the heart and soul of the team. LJ should have hired an agent to do the dirty work of negotiation for him. It's a business and these negotiations are cutthroat and he needed someone else to to the dirty job of getting a deal done. Too much emotions for him to try and negotiate a deal by himself with his mom as counselor. Unfortunately, I think the bridges burnt are beyond repair and LJ will likely suit up for another team next year. Some people in Baltimore may feel that the way this team is built, they don't need a great QB to have a winning season. That may be true but they need a great QB to be successful and win a Superbowl.

Ravens should have locked down LJ to a long-term deal 2 years ago. That's what most NFL teams would have done when they get a generational QB that is the heart and soul of the team. LJ should have hired an agent to do the dirty work of negotiation for him. It's a business and these negotiations are cutthroat and he needed someone else to to the dirty job of getting a deal done. Too much emotions for him to try and negotiate a deal by himself with his mom as counselor. Unfortunately, I think the bridges burnt are beyond repair and LJ will likely suit up for another team next year. Some people in Baltimore may feel that the way this team is built, they don't need a great QB to have a winning season. That may be true but they need a great QB to be successful and win a Superbowl.
Ravens fans respond and say Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco so no you don't need a great QB to win a Superbowl only one that doesn't make turnovers.

I am super proud of Lamar and hope he gets the contract he deserves. My son is a HUGE Lamar fan, but I think there is a reason Baltimore hasnt signed him to a big contract. He is a good QB with unheard athleticism, but in todays game, he wants to be paid as a top 5 QB and he isn't. I just dont know if he can make the throws needed to be an elite QB. He needs to get paid now, bc I will be very intersted to see where he is 5 years from now.

FWIW, I think the very same can be said about Kyler Murray. I will be shocked if KM is still a starter in 5 years!

The Cleveland Browns are primarily to blame here… they signed DeShaun Watson to an unprecedented $230 million guaranteed 5-year contract, and Baltimore as a franchise just won’t agree to tie up 21% of their salary cap for five years on just one player - no matter who that player is.

IMO, Lamar is underrated as a passer, and he will prove that to whichever NFL team signs him to his next contact. I’d like for that team to be the Ravens, but I’m just not sure they will agree to what he is asking - which is at least a 5-year deal with more than $230 million guaranteed.

Ravens fired their OC today, is a plane flying to Lubbock tonight to grab Bobby P?
Well technically, Greg Roman resigned. He had 1 more year on his contract but Ravens were probably going to fire him so he went out on his terms.

Isn't Nick Petrino credited more with the development of Lamar than Bobby?

• Haha
Reactions: BPGhost
You mean College Station but I get your point. Heck, he would probably take it if offered. What a vagabond 😖
My bad, shows how much I care about Texas A&M, good marching band though... Should have known that, I used to have to go to Lubbock for business. Once my Friday night flight got cancelled, and was stuck there all weekend (almost but not quite as awful as Midland/Odessa TX)

Ravens would have beaten the Bengals with a healthy Lamar. Huntley is a poor QB and had several chances in that 4th quarter.

My retort to that is Huntley's stats in that game were better than any of Lamar's stats in any playoff game.

I know it's Lamar and he's immune to the blasphemous act of criticism, but he's a millionaire many times over and doesn't need Morgantown Card to defend him.

Additionally, the Bengals were missing THREE (3!!) starters from an already porous offensive line, resulting in no holes for the run game (Mixon and Perine are more than capable RBs) and no time for Joe Burrow. Joe was sacked 7 times in teh Super Bowl and faced relentless pressure that no doubt affected the outcome of the game in losing 23-20.

The truth is, that was a brutal, BRUTAL physical game against a hated divisional rival and the Bengals were lucky to get out of it with a win. They will never face a pass rush like that again for the rest of the playoffs, whether that's one more game or three.

Next up - Buffalo. It's on the road in the freezing cold. Burrow is 12-2 when it's colder than 50 degrees and he's 7-0 when it's under 40 degrees. Sunday is supposed to be 36 with rain & snow. We will see how it goes, the 3 OL starters will be out again in a game where opening lanes for the RB's will be important.

I agree Lamar still has much to prove in post season football, but I still maintain much if not all of that was due to the ineptitude of the offensive philosophy the Ravens employ.

When it came to playoff football Lamar was just not equipped with the weapons he needed to beat great teams. In the following years teams have adjusted to the Ravens offense which has regressed by not giving Lamar more talent to work with. Just imagine Lamar with Jamar Chase or Justin Jefferson.

I would love to see him go to Miami with those two receivers Hill and Waddell. I'm not a Dolphins fan but Lamar looks like a perfect fit for Miami. Wouldn't it be something if Teddy Bridgewater stayed on as the backup?

The Dolphins are seriously thinking they need to move on from Tua because of his continued concussions.

Lamar Jackson has to show he can pass his way to postseason victories, and he won't if he continues in that offense at Baltimore.

I would love to see him go to Miami with those two receivers Hill and Waddell. I'm not a Dolphins fan but Lamar looks like a perfect fit for Miami. Wouldn't it be something if Teddy Bridgewater stayed on as the backup?

Yeah man, it would be so fun as a Louisville fan if this happened, absolutely. I prefer Lamar go to the NFC so I don't have to root against his team during the regular season, but getting out of the AFCN would be preferable so I'm not actively rooting against him every freaking game. LOL.

I agree Lamar still has much to prove in post season football, but I still maintain much if not all of that was due to the ineptitude of the offensive philosophy the Ravens employ.

When it came to playoff football Lamar was just not equipped with the weapons he needed to beat great teams. In the following years teams have adjusted to the Ravens offense which has regressed by not giving Lamar more talent to work with. Just imagine Lamar with Jamar Chase or Justin Jefferson.

The Dolphins are seriously thinking they need to move on from Tua because of his continued concussions.

Lamar Jackson has to show he can pass his way to postseason victories, and he won't if he continues in that offense at Baltimore.
Quite the opposite. Dolphins have already declared Tua as their QB for next year. Team's physician says that he's not any more susceptible to a concussion than any other player. We will see about that. Also Teddy's stay in Miami is probably over. He only had a 1 year contract and it seems like the Dolphins like Sylar Thompson.

Miami was a long shot but my point is the same. There are some teams with some good receivers but not a star QB. The Falcons, the Saints, the Broncos.

I don't have a favorite NFL team. Never followed any team closely. The Ravens were the first NFL team I actually watched and pulled hard for. I grew up with friends pulling for all kinds of teams. Steelers, Bengals, Cowboys and Broncos. My father was a Browns fan and most of my cousins are Colts fans since they moved to Indy.

I'm just a fan of former Louisville players and whoever I bet with on DraftKings.

You seem to think that it is Lamar trying to play the Ravens offense when it is the Ravens offense that was built around Lamar...

You seem to think that it is Lamar trying to play the Ravens offense when it is the Ravens offense that was built around Lamar...
Yes, the Ravens built a offense around Lamar and it was very successful those first two years, but the league has adjusted to it and the offense has stalled.

If Lamar Jackson is ever going to fully prove he's a great passer, he has to play in a passing offense. He now sees Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow pass him up as top QB's in the league.

I don't know if it's all about money or not. To me, Lamar wants out of that offense in Baltimore. I know I do.

Yes, the Ravens built a offense around Lamar and it was very successful those first two years, but the league has adjusted to it and the offense has stalled.

If Lamar Jackson is ever going to fully prove he's a great passer, he has to play in a passing offense. He now sees Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow pass him up as top QB's in the league.

I don't know if it's all about money or not. To me, Lamar wants out of that offense in Baltimore. I know I do.
He doesn't need to prove he's a great passer just a better efficient passer. He's never going to be in an offense like Brady and throw the ball the 50 times a game. That's not his strength. He needs to limit the turnovers whether interceptions or lost fumbles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT