ADVERTISEMENT

Ranked where?

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
What is your prediction of where Louisville will be ranked? The absurdity of the Cards not already ranked makes me wonder what the voters will do now?

Cards should be at least number 10 but my prediction is it will be something like 15 or worse.

It's so obvious this team now is not the team that lost 3 games early to mid majors. They have dominated since and since they're a elite level blue dog program, they should be ranked in the top 10.

If it were FSU or Clemson you know they would be. Louisville has its issues but what it also appears to have is a loaded lineup and a whole lot of nervous ACC pitching coaches.

15,18 or 22 depending on which poll you like.
Coaches poll we're 22,D1 baseball we're 18 and Baseball America we're 15

They just need to find consistency from the pen and I think this is a very scary team. Always really good to have a lineup that can put up 31 runs in a series against a team who had a sub 2 era coming into the series.
I think there's room for improvement everywhere. That's kind of a good thing to me. Better at bats,better defense,better pitching.
Our offense got stymied for the first seven innings of both the games Saturday and Sunday. Without solid starts from Poland and Red,it's a different series.
Don't get me wrong,I like where the offense is,but I'd love to see them get after those starters a bit more.

Well you got to remember that as a hitter you are considered a success if you only get a base hit three times in 10 at bats. Regardless of how good your lineup is, great pitching is going to get a lot of outs.

The only issue I see from the lineup is the batting order but that's not much of a problem at all. Clutch hitting has been great which is really all you can ask for.

Hitting A+
Defense C
Baserunning B
Starting pitching B
Relief pitching C

Find a handful of B graded relief pitchers and get the defense up to B+ and this team wins 50 games.

Biased media will have to rank the Cards in the top 5.

Reactions: zipp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT