ADVERTISEMENT

Ralph Willard Returns

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
as assistant coach to CRP.

"I've asked Ralph Willard to come back for next year as we have a totally new basketball team," said Pitino. "I couldn't afford any other changes, including potentially moving David Padgett up this year because he is invaluable as our director of basketball operations. I needed someone who knows the University of Louisville and knows our program. Ralph is a great basketball mind, a great evaluator of talent and will be tremendous working with our new team. I'm really excited to welcome him back."

"My long professional and personal relationship with Rick, past time with UofL and the program, and most importantly a complete knowledge of the defensive and offensive system, along with their teaching points, should enable a seamless transition that will allow me an opportunity to add immediate value to what I have observed to be a strong and cohesive staff," said Willard.

If CRP says he needs Willard's help and expertise.....that's what he (team & us the fans) needs. We all know there would be many challenges ahead next year.

Last edited:
I think CRP just feels like he needs an assistant that can really help teach the game to this younger Cards team. We have some experience coming in with Lee and Lewis but they have not played for UofL before. It will help lighten some of the load off of Pitino. I know some were hoping for another big time recruiter but the plate is full right now of guys coming in that will need this type of additional coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT