ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue loses to Fresno State

I think UC will be just fine with Satterfield; granted EKU is not remotely close to B12 football, but 66 points tells me Scott will have success there.

I never got over Satterfield’s pursuit of the SC job, but it does not diminish his reputation as far as coaching football. I am so glad he is gone, but I believe he will enjoy success at UC if he stays there long enough to build their program.

I never got over Satterfield’s pursuit of the SC job, but it does not diminish his reputation as far as coaching football. I am so glad he is gone, but I believe he will enjoy success at UC if he stays there long enough to build their program.
I believe Fickel built their program. It's up to Satt to keep it going.

Reactions: Mayoman
Fickle is just one of many that went through UC and done well. Brian Kelly did well there. Cincinnati also had Tony Mason, Mike Gottfried, Watson Brown, Rick Minter, Mark Dantonio, Butch Jones, Tommy Tuberville. Many went on to successful careeu.

Reactions: Blouman
It's way too early to make a call on Satterfield post U of L. But it wouldn't surprise me if the guy does well at UC, not that that's his dream job. If he does well, he'll be gone from there in a few years, probably for a job he covets more.

There was nothing wrong with Satterfield prior to U of L just as there was nothing wrong with Chris Mack. Those are trends you have to objectively notice and assign some importance.

In the end, Satterfield may have done himself and his coaching career a big favor after last season. We start to find out as the season progresses...

He made a good decision to leave for Cincy. He lost the fanbase and didn’t do enough to earn an extension. There was no energy in the fanbase.

We will see how it goes at Cincy.

I'm no Satterfield cheerleader that's for sure, but I have to give him some kudos for turning around last season.

He really had no chance of staying here long as long as Jeff Brohm was available. The fanbase wanted Brohm and Satterfield would have had to win 10 or more games to counter that.

Still, he had to be looking over his shoulder at Brohm which would of course provide additional pressure on winning games at Louisville.

I've always maintained I wasn't so critical of Satts coaching but more his play calling as OC.

He made a good decision to leave for Cincy. He lost the fanbase and didn’t do enough to earn an extension. There was no energy in the fanbase.

We will see how it goes at Cincy.
Au contraire my friend. The energy he had was all negative. And no matter what he did or was going to do he had lost a big swath of the fan base. Louisville fans be like that.

Methinks he is trying to set himself up for the UNC job when Mack Brown punches out. Time will tell but UC is just a resume builder for him in many ways.

I wish him no ill will. He kept the UofL program from falling into the Ohio River of irrelevancy somewhat....he just was not the right fit for either himself or the school.

I do not think Scott is an urban sort of guy; I see him Chapel Hill bound if he shows any success at UC.

Reactions: Mayoman
The previous coach at Purdue lost to Eastern Michigan but then beat Ohio State a month later. He even lost to Nevada the next year, but still by his last year made a Big Ten title game.

Don’t forget that Fresno State was ranked in the final polls last year and are coached by the great Jeff Tedford. Purdue didn’t schedule a cupcake week 1. They got punished for not being chicken.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT