ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the results: UK vs UofL - 26 December @ Rupp Arena (Round 2)

Rhavicc

Getting the Hang of It
Dec 15, 2014
So the thread kinda fell apart last time around. Let's try this again. Now that the rosters are almost certainly finalized, what does everybody expect from this game? What are some of the individual match-ups within the game that you're looking forward to? What are you most concerned with, and what do you feel like may be your team's biggest strength going into the game?

(for the record, I do not expect this to turn into a free-for-all like the last one, but Steelers welcomed a recreation of the thread, assuming that it doesn't turn into what the last one did).

Let's hear some opinions, ask some questions, etc.!

So the thread kinda fell apart last time around. Let's try this again. Now that the rosters are almost certainly finalized, what does everybody expect from this game? What are some of the individual match-ups within the game that you're looking forward to? What are you most concerned with, and what do you feel like may be your team's biggest strength going into the game?

(for the record, I do not expect this to turn into a free-for-all like the last one, but Steelers welcomed a recreation of the thread, assuming that it doesn't turn into what the last one did).

Let's hear some opinions, ask some questions, etc.!

It is July 3rd, 2015. Allow me to repeat that. It is July 3rd, 2015.

As of today, I have no type of opinion for any game that is over 5 months away from happening. All this speculation is pointless and all you're really doing is inviting another battle royal flame thread.

With that in mind, I choose to just put you on ignore. Goodbye.

The only prediction I'm certain of is that U of L will be one of, if not THE best team on the hot garbage LPT basketball schedule.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Reactions: beasleythecard
This thread is not going to turn out any different than the last thread. What applied to the last thread applies to this one- not enough information on the players for either team yet. Speculating at this point in time and on this particular matter is pretty much pointless.

It really is far too early, for UofL fans at least, to have any type of practical expectations for the upcoming season. We could make very vague generalizations based on past history of Pitino coached teams in late December, or how new players adjust under Coach Pitino, but there are simply way too many new pieces to our team's puzzle. You just can't accurately predict how college freshman or 5th year transfers will adjust to playing the highest level college teams on the big stage in Coach Pitino's system.

It is July 3rd, 2015. Allow me to repeat that. It is July 3rd, 2015.

As of today, I have no type of opinion for any game that is over 5 months away from happening. All this speculation is pointless and all you're really doing is inviting another battle royal flame thread.

With that in mind, I choose to just put you on ignore. Goodbye.

Don't let the door hit ya, I suppose.

This thread is not going to turn out any different than the last thread. What applied to the last thread applies to this one- not enough information on the players for either team yet. Speculating at this point in time and on this particular matter is pretty much pointless.

Speculation in general is pointless, but speculation is always good for debate. That's what forums are for. Chatting, speculating, etc.

It really is far too early, for UofL fans at least, to have any type of practical expectations for the upcoming season. We could make very vague generalizations based on past history of Pitino coached teams in late December, or how new players adjust under Coach Pitino, but there are simply way too many new pieces to our team's puzzle. You just can't accurately predict how college freshman or 5th year transfers will adjust to playing the highest level college teams on the big stage in Coach Pitino's system.

This is true, but it has to cross your mind what you envision your team realistically being like next year. Share that. Personally, I think you all did great with your 5th year transfers, and your overall recruiting is doing better. The overall talent level of your recruits is improving, but there's a lot of youth. That will almost continuously be the case though. When players play at a certain caliber, they're much more likely to go to the NBA following that season. You're essentially trading talent for experience, barring your 5th year seniors. Will be interesting to see how they play out. They have experience, but only to a degree. They also have talent, but I'm going to assume, it will also actually be lesser than that of which they displayed at their previous schools. It's probably somewhere in between, and that's probably all that you will need.
How the chemistry works out, and how the team progresses as the season goes along is a different story. This is for the sake of prediction, and guessing though.

The only prediction I'm certain of is that U of L will be one of, if not THE best team on the hot garbage LPT basketball schedule.

Well, I'm not going to agree or disagree that Louisville will be one of the best on UK's schedule. I don't think they'll be better than Duke, or Kansas. Will likely be closer to LSU or Texas A&M.

Don't let the door hit ya, I suppose....

Well, I'm not going to agree or disagree that Louisville will be one of the best on UK's schedule. I don't think they'll be better than...Kansas. Will likely be closer to LSU or Texas A&M.
Yeah, those teams were awesome this past year. Reminds me when we used to look forward to playing Cincy and Southern Miss in football. :rolleyes:

See the word "life" on that door? Cue's point--lost on an LPT fan--is you need a life outside of college basketball.

Prediction for commonwealth

UofL 35
UK 24

UK ends there season at 5-7 again.

It's hard to say Cards will win considering the last 8 games. I tell you what i am truly tired of losing i'll just leave it at that. My heart always says we will win. But the results on the court and talent differences with them says we lose again. But eventually we will get one LOL Thought i would never be so negative with my Cards but they seem too always win.

ADVERTISEMENT