ADVERTISEMENT

Post Season

dchaynes1

No-Ranking Prospect
Silver Member
Apr 24, 2015
I truly think this team steps on the field and no matter who is in the other dugout, they feel they are a better team. That confidence is huge in the post season. You can see it when this team gets behind (which seems to happen often). They never seem to panic or get away from their game plan.

That being said, here are my concerns for the post season:
1. Facing left handed pitching (especially slow lefties) - See struggles against UK at home, Vandy, and NC state just to name a few.
2. Defense
3. Inconsistency from the "4th Starter" - You cannot just rely on your weekend rotation to make a deep post season run.

These are just a few things that could cause some hiccups in the post season but I think a lot of this teams strengths can over compensate for these weaknesses. This is probably the best and definitely most confident team I've witnessed at UofL.

I truly think this team steps on the field and no matter who is in the other dugout, they feel they are a better team. That confidence is huge in the post season. You can see it when this team gets behind (which seems to happen often). They never seem to panic or get away from their game plan.

1. Facing left handed pitching (especially slow lefties) - See struggles against UK at home, Vandy, and NC state just to name a few.
2. Defense
3. Inconsistency from the "4th Starter" - You cannot just rely on your weekend rotation to make a deep post season run.

These are just a few things that could cause some hiccups in the post season but I think a lot of this teams strengths can over compensate for these weaknesses. This is probably the best and definitely most confident team I've witnessed at UofL.

Great notes. Totally agree about the struggles v. Lefties (the junk guys more than anything else). I think their hitting and base running hurts them way too often. Guys getting picked off or running at odd times. Hitting - my case is Ray (right now). Hit the ball where it is pitched. Every swing can't be a home run cut. Too many of our guys are taking monster swings. They just need to hit the ball and drive it.

2. Defense

#1 and #2 were spot on in this tournament. Cards have trouble with lefties and the defense had several lapses in this ACC tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT